Kungsgatan 47, Stockholm, Stockholm, 11156, Sweden

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• deptlads's Profile Photo

Rica City Hotel Kungsgatan

This 3/4-star hotel is on the top 5 floors of the P.U.B. department store right in the centre of Stockholm's main shopping area. It is situated between Drottninggatan (the main pedestrian shopping street) and Hýtorget (the main market square) opposite the Concert Hall. The nearest T-bana (Hýtorget) is just across the square.

We had a large triple room (large double bed and roll-out bed) as there were three of us. It was a slightly awkwardly arranged corner room with windows overlooking Hýtorget and a side street. The rooms were smart and clean, and the staff were friendly. The breakfast was excellent - particularly the rum cake and spiced biscuits (it was Christmas!). The hotel bar and lobby area were also very pleasant and relaxed (unlike most).

We staryed for 6 nights over Christmas 2000 for SEK 1,375/night for three, including breakfast.

Note that some of the smaller (cheaper?) rooms at this hotel have only small windows onto the atrium overlooking the department store below.

Unique Quality: Excellent location.

Directions: On Hýtorget

More about Rica City Hotel Kungsgatan

Stockholm next Friday

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me.

My Friends and I are going to Stockholm next Friday for four days and I'm looking for a little advice.

First thing is that I've read lots of reviews on nightclubs that say "No Jeans", is this the case or would a smart pair of jeans be acceptable as long as you were looking fashionable.

Second thing,

There are 16 of us and yes we are all male but I would definitely not call any of us louts or in any way cause any trouble. What clubs and pubs would be best for us to visit? I think we're really looking for somewhere that won't mind 16 blokes descending on their premises.

We're staying at the Rica Hotel Kungsgatan which I've read really good reviews about and hopefully is in the centre and most places should be easily accessable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Wishes

Garry

by Sjalen

Rica hotel is definately central :)

Not sure where they would let in 16 at a time but as for dress codes, you must have read about the clubs around Stureplan where royals and the wanna-bees go so there you have a stricter dress code. Stick to the clubs around Slussen and further up on Söder for a more relaxed atmosphere. This one in the Old Town near Slussen is an old and popular establishment where I know casually dressed friends got in for instance:

by Sjalen

Ah, yes how could I forget! Me being a Hammarby fan and Söder girl since childhood :) I have bundled it up under general "Söder" nightlife tips on my page but I might have to create a tip of its own for it.

by Lozynsky

Those two places seem great thanks especially the second one. If you've got anymore please keep them coming as we've got to arrange four nights out!!

Also, will there be many place open on Easter Sunday??

G

by Lozynsky

Yeah, we'd most probably have to split up into groups to get in most clubs in England as well.

Do you know about Easter Sunday opening hours??

Comments