Rygerfjord Hotel And Hostel

Backpacking Study Abroad Budget Travel
See Amenities
maya1902's Profile Photo

avoid it!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 9, 2007

I was in the hostel for 1 night then i litteraly escape from it!i had to sleep in a cabin for 4 people that was too small,without air (so, if you have bad luck of staying with someone who have bad smell,it's over!!!) and full of bugs!!My boyfriend woke up me at 5.30 a.m. cause in his bed were a lot af bugs,full of blood.Yes,I know it's a little bit trash but so it was!but it's not only unclean.it has no confort yet: a toilet too small and the same for the shower.no dressing room(just the bathroom!!!)and I twisted for undress and dress myself!it was impossible to open my suite in the cabin.no wardrobe,just small locked compartment. The hostel is not too much expensive,it's true, but for some KRs more you can sleep surely better in other places in Stockholm.that's sure.it's just a trap for young and budget people.
moreover staff is not friendly and there's noise during the night.
probably the worst hostel i had never been.

Unique Quality: i can appreciate the location,that's all

Directions: SODERMALM

viajeras2's Profile Photo

Nice boat hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 24, 2007

Very nice place to stayed, different, first time sleep in Stockholm a place like this.
If u bring u laptop, is free wireless.
Doesnt included breakfast, and u have to paid 65 swedish krone per person.
Nice staff very friendly. and very nice area and nice hotel .
Bar is open till 11.00 pm. If u arrived after 12 u have to let know the hotel by email or phone and they will u a code to get it the boat, or sometimes somebody will be there.
They have 2, and we enjoy firt the I, but the second time the I one was overbook and get the II, so far i preffer the I.
Isnt too expensive cost 600 krones per room (+-)

Unique Quality: The boat number I is better than II, cute decoration, and very nice and relaxing area.

Directions: I always took a taxi and cost me from the central station to there 100 krones.

taramcguinness's Profile Photo

Best boat ever!!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 24, 2007

The Rygerfjord was a great place to stay if you are travelling with a group of people. There was fourteen of us all together. We booked the twelve dorm room and a two bed next door. The boat was very private, we had the end of it to ourselves which was suitable for smokers to go outside and a handy entrance on and off the boat. The toilets and showers were very clean and private. Furthermore, we all thought the beds were extremly comfortabe which is quite a surprise when travelling! As we went away for a party weekend we were looking for fun, freedom and comfort after a night on the town. The Rygerfjord provided all of that and more! There was no hassel from staff or other guests about noise. Before arriving I had the misconception that the room would be small and stuffy and to my delight it was the opposite. Oh and very warm as it was baltic outside!!

Unique Quality: Good breakfast, great view, easy accss, private, clean and lots of fun!!

Directions: Sodermalar. close to old town and metro

Sileas's Profile Photo

Cheapest Hostel in Town

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 9, 2004

The MS Rygerfjord on Södermälarstrand is a Hotel and Hostel on an old ship. This means there is very little space, tiny room for showers and toilets and no airing in summer - you'll be boiling.

It has, however a great central location, a good price and an amazing breakfast included, which is one of the best I ever had!

Directions: cross bridges, along piers, not too hard to find - between the other party ships ;o)

subculture-hero's Profile Photo

hostel with great view!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2004

Iýve been very surprised when I got there. We have booked in the hosten, but we got a cabin in the hotel. Maybe thatýs because in april there are not many inquires. We got a room with two beds (one was like for two!) and with a washbasin.

Unique Quality: Its really near the city, there is TV, a restaurant, internet and sometimes live music!
and you have the best view over gamla stan ever. gorgeous!

Open: whole year

• Restaurant
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Stockholm Travel Forum

Need advice about Stockholm, Sweden? Visit the Travel Forum for Stockholm and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Stockholm hotel reviews

Trains
Södermalm Shops
Irish Pubs
Nightlife
Gamla Stan (The Old Town)
Patricia