Scandic Upplands Vasby

Scandic Upplands Vasby
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Stockholm

Coffee with a viewCoffee with a view

Photography museumPhotography museum

Taco Bar, lower floorTaco Bar, lower floor

The Swedish coach for the national team in handbalThe Swedish coach for the national team in handbal

Jussi Bjorling in Stockholm

by Muscovite

Since I won’t catch a tour at Kunliga operan I thought I may look for something about the tenor. Just had bought a 7 hours’ CD for less than the price for a cup of coffee. Culture comes cheap these days -)

I am a bit confused why he stands at Jakobskyrkan except it is more convenient for tourists like me -) I don’t think I’ll make it to the Archipelago to see the museum in winter.

P.S.
Glad no one was hurt in the explosions.

by JohntheFinn

NO ONE was hurt? Well, only one killed, and he was only a terrorist.

That's exactly what I mean

OK, never mind.
I'll find a music reference book.

by Sjalen

I guess he stands there since it's close to the Opera.

If you are a true fan, his birthplace in Borlänge is where you should go but that's of course a full daytrip (otherwise a scenic region in summer, with one of Sweden's World Heritages in the form of Falu coppermine and lots of other sights).

Travel Tips for Stockholm

Weather Reporter?

by kanjon

Swedes love to discuss the weather. To have something to talk about, why not prepare yourself (or if you want to plan that trip to the archipelago)? Check out this interactive map for the Swedish weather. SMHI is the State institution for weather forecasts and as reliable as they can be. Pull the orange thing to the part of the day you´re interested in and the weather on the map will change after the closest forecast.

SMHI update the reports three times a day, at 03.00, 06.30 och 16.00.

Hopefully the sun will shine on you!

In Stockholm, you definitely...

by Zillah_Eve

In Stockholm, you definitely must take a tour of the city. It is one of the most beautiful cities in which I have been. The seaside buildings are very beautiful, and Stockholm in general is very clean and easily navigated. I thorougly enjoyed my stay in Stockholm. Another place in Sweden that you MUST visit is Öland. The weather there is generally mild and sunny, and the scenery is breath-taking. Also, the ruins, in particular Borgholms Slott, are good places to hit.

Pride Festival.

by Dizzyhead

Stockholm Pride Festival is the biggest in Sweden for gays, homos, lesbians and transetvits. You can find more information about this gay festival on the website www.stockholmpride.org. I first visited this festival by mistake....LOL I was in Stockolm with a foreign friend, and we had no idea that the Pride Festival was going to be here. So, that was very exciting to see all people from all different places and countries participate in this festival. Amazing. There were people everywhere!

DUCK PRESS
When I...

by LysDor

DUCK PRESS

When I visited Stockholm in the early 80s' I found in one of the big department store NK or Åhlens this strange looking device in the kitchenware section!

Believe it or not (you better do) this is a duck press which costs $1400!

And this is not a joke, the machine was (and maybe still is) on sale.

It is used to press the juice out of ducks' bones to make a very refined soup.

Trees wearing sweaters

by Rupanworld

I don't know whether I should really put this up in the customs tips as I don't know whether this is a custom or not. Atleast it seemed so to me, and so will I continue to think until I get to know something in the contrary from my readers. I came across a park in Sodermalm where I saw some nice sculptures (please see my Things to do Tips) and in the park, many of the trees were wrapped in woolen materials like this. Seems that the trees had cold, or were feeling cold. Must be, it was early February.

Comments