Tegelbacken 6, Stockholm, Stockholm, 101 23, Sweden

See Amenities
Lomma's Profile Photo

Central

by written on March 19, 2012

This was a very nice hotel for a spouse weekend in Stockholm. Not the cheapest, but quite ok. Nice friendly staff.

Unique Quality: Very good gym room with many machines and a warm sauna. (not all hotels manages to heat it up)

Directions: Near everything!

jlanza29's Profile Photo

Very expensive, very average !!!!!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 9, 2009

The Stockholm Sheraton, considered one of the best hotels in all of Sweden. I found the place to be very average compared to other 5 star hotels around the world. The staff is friendly and speak 30 different languages, but the rooms have nothing special and no 1 thing that makes this hotel stand out, it does have a great location facing the harbour which of course is $50 US more a night. But other than location, I found it to be very average and very expensive....a night runs about $350 a night plus another 17% in tax....very expensive in an already very expensive city..... 5 out 10.

amazingclick's Profile Photo

Stockholm's good accomodation

by written on September 18, 2009

We had a very pleasant stay in Stockholm Sheraton Hotel. We prebooked it online. It is just a walk away from the central station (Arlanda Express from the Airport arrives here).....Rooms were great and big and very comfortable. Its just a walk away from Gamla Stan...the old part of Stockholm...where you will be doing all the touristy things. it was great. Only problem was our view to the center of the courtyard of the hotel which was pathetic. Try and get a room with a view on the other side; atleast you will have something to see.

Unique Quality: Centrally located, Big Rooms, Friendly Staff.

simonli625's Profile Photo

Great location - really central

by written on November 29, 2008

The hotel is pretty nice. It is centrally located near Gamla stan, Central station, metro, and bus station.

Directions: Central Station

Manara's Profile Photo

The largest bedrooms in Stockholm

by written on August 29, 2008

Before you read my review, I must warn you that my opinion on this hotel is neither objective nor unbiased. In fact, the poor human being I am, I am partial to it for the simple reason that they gave me an upgrade the first and only time I spent a night there.
The hotel was not acting out of generosity: the manager knew I was organizing a big congress in Stockholm, and that I was inspecting a few hotels in the area around the Central Station looking for a suitable accommodation for the most important speakers.
So what they gave me was not just an upgrade to a superior room or suite, it was an upgrade to the Presidential Suite, complete with a fruit bowl and a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket! It was especially pleasant because I had had a very tiring day, so it was very refreshing to be able to order dinner with the room service, turn on the hi-fi, open all the curtains in the living room and wait for my dinner while sipping champagne and watching the snow fall on the Old Town.

Unique Quality: I mentioned the size of rooms in the title, because this is an issue in Stockholm, as well as in Copenhagen and other Scandinavian cities. Even when hotel rooms are a decent size, wardrobes are not, so this can be a problem for those who stay for several days.
No such problem at the Sheraton. The size of rooms may be just average with respect to other Sheraton hotels, but it is a real treat in Stockholm.
I must add that the hotel is very well located, near the Central Station and close to the Old Town. Many rooms have a view of the City Hall.
Another great quality is the restaurant: elegant (recently refurbished) and extremely good. In fact I had dinner there on some of my other trips to Stockholm, even if I was not staying at this hotel.

seasonedveteran's Profile Photo

location, service, it has it all, its sheraton!

by written on April 11, 2008

the restaurant served me the largest and most superb burger i have ever ate. Delicious.

the location is amazing, the staff gave me the tip on the royal events for the princesses birthday, which was so valuable, as well as other important advice on nightlife!

Rooms were amazing too.

dfactor's Profile Photo

Superb Location

by written on January 15, 2008

The service is what you would have expected from any Sheraton hotel all over the world. Friendly and attentive staff, free Wi-Fi in the lobby area and etc, but the best thing I like about Sheraton Stockholm is the location! Fairly priced too, about 1290 SEK with SPG membership.

Unique Quality: Walking distance to places where most visitors to this lovely city would care to go, Gamla Stan, Shopping Street, Train / Subway / Bus station. The location is superb! Can't think of any hotel which has a better location than this one!

boborosko's Profile Photo

Good hotel in stockholm's city centre

by written on May 29, 2007

very comfortable with kind staff and very good breakfast buffet

Unique Quality: very close to the central station and the cityterminal(a 5 minutes walk) where the coach for the aiport arrives.
Rooms very comfortable and very clean with all comfort(sat tv,minibar,free coffee and tea,beautiful bathroom...)
the is a free internet connection in the lounge and wireless(not free) in the rooms,there is a fitness centre with sauna but i did not visited
the price change with season but is a good deal for the quality they offer.

sarahandgareth's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 15, 2007

Interested in a change from the Royal Viking, I decided to try the Sheraton on a recent trip to Stockholm.

It is a bit further from the Arlanda Express train station. While I was able to walk, others might find it a bit far. Unfortunately, it's also too close for many taxi drivers to be bothered.

The gym was small and didn't have a single treadmill!

Unique Quality: Rooms are good sized and the breakfast is quite good. The lobby is nice with a welcoming fireplace and frequent live music, but I was disappointed that the wine bar never seemed to be open.

DzinQyiv's Profile Photo

soviet kind of a hotel :)

by written on October 11, 2006

it was very old... i don't think that it worths!(except breakfasts :))

hotel did not accept us before 15:00 o'clock, we arrived at 12:00 after 5 hours of flight and a transfer in Munich/Germany!!! we were sleepless, tired...but no room before 15:00 !!! :)

long old corridors to rooms... it takes 10 min. to go up to room :) it looks like old soviet hotels in kiev... 2000 unique-lookin' rooms, with same furniture :)

Unique Quality: very OLD building with old furniture... big disappointment...

redhotwax's Profile Photo

Great hotel!

by written on March 30, 2005

The Sheraton Stockholm is definitely a great place to stay when in Stockholm. It's a 2 minute walk from the touristy Gamla Stan and 10 minutes from the Central Station. Great location!

The staff are very friendly, we received a friendly welcome when checking in, despite our young age of 21 each, as I expected some eyebrows might be lifted when we entered, but none of that! In fact, the front desk manager took about 15 minutes showing us the hot spots on the map, and offered to get us tickets to the icehockey match!

Had a great time! You can get really good deals on staying at this hotel when checking Expedia.

Unique Quality: The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Typical Sheraton really :)

Directions: Exit the Central Station and it's on your right on the opposite side of the road.

Astralka's Profile Photo

Next to the T-Centralen

by written on November 6, 2004

I spend there only one short night after a long evening when I was lazy to return to prison hostel. My friend Ira was staying in a nice large room, however it was next to a noisy street. People living on the other side of the Sheraton building were more lucky. So you have to decide, whether you want to have a peaceful night or a nice view out of the window.

pedrocas's Profile Photo

Could be much better

by written on October 25, 2004

I went to Sweden with two other friends and somebody decided to stay in the Sheraton. Taking in consideration that the price we were offered for a suite was around 240Eur we decided to take one of those, the girls would stay in the bedroom and I would be happy enough with the sofa bed in the sitting room. Well, the room was very small and it wasn't even prepared with a 3rd bed. There were a few other minor problems, but for that price you're expecting a bit more.

Unique Quality: Great view over the city.
Friendly staff

Directions: We got lost a few times, but ask for the central station, its very close.

Astralka's Profile Photo

Five-star hotel located in the heart of Stockholm

by written on October 19, 2004

luxurious air conditioned rooms, central heating, satellite television, hairdryers, mini bar

Specially I liked that you could get as much ice as you wanted from the Ice-maker in the corridor. There was a photo-cell and the ice cubes would fall down until you had enough and removed your cup from the machine :)

Unique Quality: Smoke Detectors in Room :--)
Shoe-cleaner machine in the corridor

Lucky people get a room with stunning views of Lake Mälaren, City Hall, and Old Town.

Directions: near the T-Centralen (Undeground Central Station), you can easily walk to the old town

Upstate1NY's Profile Photo

The "domain" of Diplomates

by written on August 10, 2004

While we were staying here the "Baltic States Naval Conference" was also meeting here. We shared breakfast with Russian, German, Danish, Finish, and Norwegian Naval officers . (There may well have been more but I did lose count of everyone I chanced to meet!)

To say the least, this was a VERY nice hotel. The only problem our tour members seemed to encounter was the fact that most of the house keeping staff was Philippine and spoke NO English. They would chatter away in Spanish, lost in their own world. We realized that they were "poking fun" at some guests because there would be a loud exclamation and laughter going up and down the hallways as certain people would appear. I was a bit annoyed by their lack of attention to common courtesy by blocking the hallway and at least pretending that they did not understand what you wanted. Seeing as I knew very little spanish I was hesitant to try to communicate with them. Finally as one lady, with her back to me, moved her cart directly in front of me as I approached her in the hall, to block the hall completely. I finally exclaimed in a firm but sadden tone, "Por favor senorona, por favor". That GOT HER ATTENTION! As she whirled to see who spoke, the shock on her face was a picture in "horror" (Oh my, my, one of these folks knows some spanish!!). When she moved the cart, I responded "Gracias senorona, Muchas gracias". The look of horror followed me down the hall, being reflected in each new face I approached. There after for the next four days, when ever one of them spotted me on the floor, a "cry went up" and DEAD SILENCE reigned until I "disappeared"!

Nearby Sheraton

• Pets Allowed
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Stockholm Travel Forum

Need advice about Stockholm, Sweden? Visit the Travel Forum for Stockholm and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Stockholm hotel reviews

Anno 1647 Hotell Stockholm
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Gustav Af Klint Hotel/Hostel
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Den Roda Baten (Red Boat)
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 15 Reviews

Nordiska Kompaniet (NK)
Åhlens
H&M
Shopping
Gamla Stan (The Old Town)
Irish Pubs