Riddargatan 6, Stockholm, 11245, Sweden
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Stockholm

Prince Eugen WaldemarsuddePrince Eugen Waldemarsudde

Gamle StanGamle Stan

A village in the city, Asagaten SődermalmA village in the city, Asagaten Sődermalm

I guess he got really nice pictures.I guess he got really nice pictures.

Which ticket to buy (Pendeltag)?

by PerAsperaAdAstra

Hi guys, next week I'll arrive at Stockholm. During my stay (6 days) I will have to use the Pendeltag commuter rail between Stockholm Centralen and Älvsjö twice each day. Which ticket type suits me best?

--Tobias--

by Cogee

Have a look at SLs homepage http://sl.se/sv/Resenar/Valja-biljett/Vara-biljetter/
7 days cost SEK 260, which is the most affordable. It takes about 11 minutes between the central station and Älvjsö, it's a very smooth ride. You can also get off at Södra Station if you want to explodre 'Söder' abit more.

by PerAsperaAdAstra

Thanks for your answer. Where can I buy this 7-day ticket: Are there vending machines, or only ticket offices?

--Tobias--

by marielexoteria

You can buy the ticket on arrival at the airport, at any Pressbyrån newspaper stand, at any manned ticket booth at the central station and at the machines that you will find scattered around the city.

Travel Tips for Stockholm

Marlen Trotzigs Grand

by Marpessa

Marlen Trotzigs Grand comes off Prastgatan in Gamla Stan. Not for people who tend to get claustrophobic as at its narrowest point is only 90cm wide – it was raining when I was there and I had to fold up my umbrella! It is a picturesque alley (street), but besides the fact that it is a very narrow alley, there really isn’t anything else to it – but why not give it a look while you’re there! In my hometown we don't have streets this narrow, we also don't have (western) buildings older than 200 years (and not just in my hometown but my country as well) - so I loved Gamla Stan and it's small cobbled streets - brilliant!!

Visite el Museo VASA que es el...

by Cheewa

Visite el Museo VASA que es el nombre del barco, de 1628. Se hundio el mismo dia que lo botaron...jejeje re bocas. Lo sacaron a flote en 1965 y hoy es un museo espectacular. De un lado tenes el barco entero, y al lado en 5 pisos que se corresponden a la altura del barco tenes la reconstruccion para que veas como era la vida dentro del barco, y te proyectan una peli al respecto. Parece que se hundio por sobrepeso de canones y municiones, ya que quisieron innovar y hacer 2 pisos para canones (en vez de 1 como era usual en esa epoca).. A los pocos metros.. ese mega barco... empezo a zozobrar... y se fue al fondo del mar frente a Stockholm. 30 personas murieron en el barco. El rey hizo una investigacion pero nadie fue hallado culpable...

********* ENGLISH **************

The "Vasa" was the name of a Ship sunk in 1628. It happened in the first trip, and first day... I´t was a shame for the constructor and the King.

In 1965 it was rescue and today it´s an amazing museum.

The world of electronics

by Sharrie

The world of electronics, Swedish style! I didn't go in to explore as I was rushing to book my cruise ticket from Stockholm to Helsinki. The Silja city office is about 8 mins walk from here at the east end of Kungsgatan (& Birger Jarlsgatan, amazing how foreign all these streets sound to me :-)) near to Sturegallerian. Since this is the beginning of my 20 days trip, I know I can't afford to lug around souvenirs on my 1st stop! So, off I went just "snapping" up pix of the city. It's great fun for me.

You must go also at the City...

by mulivieri

You must go also at the City Hall. There you can see the hall where every year take place the Nobel Banquet. In that place you can also going into a tower where you can have a good look over all the town. Besides if you go ahead, you will find a little garden where you can stay for a bit of relax.

Having Fika!

by Vincedem

Something really swedish in my opinion is "fikar"... that simply means having a coffee with some cake or cookies! When you look in town or in malls people are doing it all the time!

They just love it!