Frösunda Hotels

Our Members Say

Sunnanskog: A Personal Wedding Invite

After settling in, we left the comfortable bedroom and explored the rest of the house. We accidentally ventured into a lovely dining room decked in blue and silver . It was there that I found my place card, hand-written delicately in silver ink on blue paper. Reader, I forgave my friend right away for all the garbled instructions. It touched me to know that I was thought of even before I arrived at my destination. It was the most personal touch I've encounted in a wedding..

My friend Carolyn later met us there and we had many a meal in this lovely Swedish dining room. My most memorable meal here was of course the wedding smorgasbord. Read on to see a delicious picture of the meal I had..

• Opinion of Price: N/A

My placecard at Sunnanskog, Frosunda

Sunnanaskog: Quaint country bedrooms

We were warmly welcomed by the innkeeper and ushered into a quaint but comfortable bedroom. The blonde wood, gauzy white curtains and simple beds were so typically swedish and inviting. It took us a while to realise that our dear friend was not there and we could landed at the wrong inn. Well, no matter, I was here and was staying put no matter what..

• Opinion of Price: about average

Sunnanskog: Staying in the Swedish Countryside

Our troubles were far from over by the time we reached Frösunda train station. Earlier, Liz, Wendy and I had missed our train stop and were about to bawl our eyes out when a kindly station master saw us and pointed out ( in english too ) that we could change trains. Despite our embarrasing behaviour, we alighted at the right stop this time but our inn and signs of human life were nowhere in sight . We could only see rolling hills, fields and horses grazing sleepily. Where was the red, rambling house our dear friend said it would be , 5 min from the station? Before we started blespheming again, one of us gals started praying and lo, a car pulled up beside us and asked if we needed help.

The ride saved our sanity , so did the sight of our destination. It was an unexpected vision and a sight for sore eyes. What stood before us was a beautiful country house , painted in the typical Scandic red and fringed with sweet-smelling flowers. I was quite sure it would just be as lovely inside and that I would enjoy my stay. How right I was.

• Opinion of Price: about average