S:t Persgatan 16, Uppsala, 753 20, Sweden

Booking.com Priceline.com Hostelworld.com

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo

Uppsala City Hostel

In October 2013 I stayed 4 nights in a single room of the Uppsala City Hostel.

The hostel offers 52 beds in several kinds of rooms from single rooms to dormitories. All rooms have shared facilities, which during my stay were always very clean. There seemed to be enough bathrooms so that I never had to wait, but I must admit that the hostel was probably only 1/3 booked during my stay.

I booked my single-room in advance through the hostel's website. It cost 400 SEK per night (only 350 SEK for STF members) and required a 10 % deposit. Bedding (60 SEK) and towels (20 SEK) can be rented from the receiption.

A buffet breakfast is offered for 55 SEK. I didn't take it, but made my own breakfast in the large and fully equipped kitchen, which together with a TV room belongs to the common area of the hostel. Free WiFi as well as laundry facilities are included in the price. The WiFi worked perfectly in my room and the kitchen.

My single room was equipped with a bed, as well as a table and a chair. Although it was quite small, it absolutely suited my needs. During my stay it was always very quiet in the hostel.

From the documents provided in my room, I understood that I had to vacuum-clean my room by myself before check-out, which is what I did as a good traveller. However, back home I discover on the website of the hostel "Cleaning included". So maybe the room documents were a bit dated or it was just a little trick to keep the hostel clean.

Directions: Uppsala City Hostel is located right in the heart of the town centre. All sights as well as the train and bus station can be reached in only a few minutes walk.

More about Uppsala

Bastillon by the castleBastillon by the castle

Vaksala TorgVaksala Torg

Potatoes and other goodiesPotatoes and other goodies

Viking  HelmetViking Helmet

cheap accomodation

Hey,

I am coming for 3 nights in Uppsala in university conference next month and I find very expensive all hotels. Any idea for cheap accomodation ? Youth hostels seem booked for this period.

Or if anyone is renting for three nights I might be interested.

Thanks a lot

by marielexoteria

How much are you willing to pay per day?

by cuteguy207

Well that's a tricky question. The less the better. All hotels are for 700 kr minimum and that's not my budget. Do you have any proposals?

By the way, I am from Göteborg. my email address is shahzamanhaq@hotmail.com or you can reply me here.

by marielexoteria

No proposals yet, but if I know how much is your absolute maximum then I can ask around.

by marielexoteria

I got tipped these places:

- Patienthotellet Duvan: 500 SEK, single room including bed linen and breakfast, shared facilities - http://www.svenskakyrkan.se/samariterhemmet/english.html.

- Uppsala lägenhetshotel: 595 SEK per dygn (24 hours), single room including bed linen and cleaning after you leave (or once a week), access to kitchen, laundry room, free parking, internet and cable TV - http://www.uppsalalagenhetshotell.se/.

- Uppsala vandrarhem: from 300 SEK per day at their hostels (2 locations) - http://www.uppsalavandrarhem.se/DynPage.aspx?id=38600&mn1=2292&mn2=5131&mn3=2398.

Maybe another way to find accommodations on your budget would be staying in Stockholm, Sigtuna or Upplands Väsby and commuting to Uppsala? Trains go frequently and are not that expensive.

by wandeljp

Hi ?

Why don't you try with:
www.couchsurfing.com or www.hospitality.com
both sites (free) are very interesting, you can meet local people, chat about their country or city, and stay at their place (for free)
The fact that you stay for free is not the most important, well that you make friends from a other culture, religion, ethnicity,...

You just made a profile as complete as possible, with a few pictures, so that your future hosts have an idea who you are and what you are looking for, very important.

If you need help in that way , or just will talk about , just drop a line.

Friendly,

Jean-Pierre

by cuteguy207

Thanks that's a perferct idea. I never knew about this concept. I will try both of them. Currently, couchsurfing is giving 'site down message'. I will give your reference perhaps there might be some referral points to earn for you.
Et merci encore

by cuteguy207

My ideal budget would have been 200SEK per night. I will give a try for 300SEK.
Thanks again

Travel Tips for Uppsala

Observations and conclusions

by pikuu

Here I put some of my observations and reflections about Uppsala. Obviosuly they are the result of my short stay there (in August 2006) and they are connected with my personal background and fascinations. But maybe you can confirm some of them :)

1. Sunday, 8 pm - I left my luggage in the hotel and I'm going to find some restaurant. And ... all the places are closed. At the end I found chinese bar with terrible food and bad service. This is really surprise that in 200 000 city the nightlife is limited to several beer-pubs and one restaurant. And maybe It was that because of holidays time (the end of August) and lack of students?

2. In Uppsala you can find only pubs for some students' organisations. So don't be surprised that the pub guard will stop you at the doors.

3. The city transport in Upsalla is perfectly developed. And almost every driver speak English :)

AMazing night show

by ana_21

We were really lucky to see something special - the theatre play showing the history of the Cathedral!! The Cathedral itself is beautiful and the play took place just beneath it; it was extraordinary with big group of actors, horses, fire.. fantastic!!

24 of Juni ( Midsummer )

by t_cims

Midsummer may simply refer to the period of time centered upon the summer solstice, but more often refers to specific European celebrations that accompany the actual solstice, or that take place around the 24th of June and the preceding evening. The exact dates vary between cultures.

The Uppsala Plain

by MalenaN

The county of Uppland is quite flat but through Uppsala goes a boulder-ridge. On top of the ridge is Uppsala Castle standing. And as you can see on the picture the flat landscape of the Uppsala Plain is spreading out behind the cathedral.

Vikinga Runsten

by Thoomuch

Runsten or Runstone you can see in many parts of Sweden if you go outside the cities. Particullary in this landscape (Uppland) you can see a lot of them. They are from the Vikingage with different inscriptions

Comments