3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Radhusesplanaden 14, Umea, 903 28, Sweden
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Umeå

the kitchen on the first floorthe kitchen on the first floor

Grön eld, outside the train stationGrön eld, outside the train station

Umeå railway stationUmeå railway station

map by virtualtourist.commap by virtualtourist.com

Travel Tips for Umeå

Games in the centre

by Leipzig

While strolling around I noticed several playgrounds in the centre. On one some kids played basketball, on an other was an artistic show of mountain bikers. Here you see several guyes playing a game I didn't understand. Two teams tried to threw a stick in the centre of a green fied. Perhaps the aim is it not to hit the wooden obstacles.

Finally I know the game. Thanks to our fellow VTer "El_Sueco". The game is called Kubb and here you can see how to play.

Umeå by night in 30 minutes - Top 5

by vec

Since I love taking night photos, I thought I should give Umeå a try, to see if I could manage to take photo of the five most illuminated buildings in the town within just 30 minutes. It was close that I missed my goal, but with just some seconds left I got the last photo.

Well... I'm not totally crazy running around in Umeå in the night. I just had about 45 minutes when waiting for change the bus, so I didn't have anything better to do.

"21:47:36 - The train station"

The photo journey starts at the old train station located at Blå Vägen.

Even thought it lives over 100000 people in Ume? it only departure four trains per day from here, two to Luleå, one to Stockholm and one to Gothenburg.

"21:56:43 - I20, the old military area"

The old regiment I20, Västerbottens Regemente was closed in 1998. Since then the old military buildings have become office for a lot of small companies.

"22:07:53 - Umeå Energi building"

The local power company, Umeå Energi, does maybe have the most beatiful building in Umeå. Located next to the river, this illuminated yellow building is impossible to miss for those who come driving along the road E4.

"22:13:40 - Rådhuset"

Rådhuset is one of the most known buildings in Umeå. After it was ready in 1892 it was used by the mayor, for auctions, post, telegraph and police. In modern times it's mainly used as a public meeting place.

"22:17:27 - Umeå church"

Built in 1894 the church of Umeå is a very beatiful building, located on a hill near the river.

So, with only 11 seconds left I managed to get pictures of the five best illuminated buildings in Umeå. It should be impossible to beat this time, I know, but you would better check the map before trying, else it may be a bit difficult.

Comments