Karlsgatan 9A, Vasteras, 72109, SE
Booking.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 24% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Västerås

My ice cream.My ice cream.

Vasteras seen from high above - 2Vasteras seen from high above - 2

Around Lake MälarenAround Lake Mälaren

Sunset and Sunrise in VästeråsSunset and Sunrise in Västerås

Commuting between Vesteras and Stockholm suburbs

by eswar_bujji

Hi guys,
I will most probably be moving to Vesteras in the near future. Like a lot of people, I love to live in Stockholm suburbs. In my few google searches, it came out that apparently a lot of people commute between Vesteras and Stockholm but I couldn't find any concrete information on different possibilities. I can drive but will prefer to use public transport. Any tips will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Eswar

by Crazywoman

Check out train connections on www.sj.se.

The last two winters, when we have had a lot of snow, SJ have had a lot of problems with cancelled and late trains though.

by Joacim

you also have the site http://www.lanstrafiken.se/ (unfortunately in swedish only) which is a joint venture between SJ (trains) and the public transport in Stockholm, Västerås area and all around the lake Malaren. There you can find a lot of useful information about commuting between Vesteras and Stockholm

by Sjalen

Indeed there are often delays on the Stockholm-Västerås line. My mum commuted there for a while with some problems, and that was before the snowy winters we've had since so now it's worse.

Is there a reason for you wanting to live in Stockholm? Most people I know would NOT want to live in Stockholm suburbs but rather in a city centre but cannot afford the one in Stockholm.

Travel Tips for Västerås

Walking on the streets of the old city

by Petruta

I liked a lot this city. It's not very big, but, on the way to the center i saw a part of the old and historical neighbourhood. There were some nice houses with worm colours, trees in the yard and flowers around. Sharing it with a good friend.

Deer at Tidö Slott

by sim1

Another picture of the deer, now taken with the digital camera. Hahaha, that's why you can see so much difference in colour between the pictures :-)

Some interesting websites if you want to visit the castle are :
http://www.tidoslott.se/ (in Swedish only)

http://www.werbeka.com/vasteras/leksmuse.htm (about the toymuseum)

McDonald´s Cup.

by Dizzyhead

This a tournament in football both for boys and girls in football in Västerås. It is taking place in October, and more information you can get from the football club BK 30. Or you call there office. You dont need no equipment if you are a spectator. But perhaps you need a hat if it will be lots of sun and maybe a chair if you watch many matches during this tournament.

Guided tours at Anundshög

by sim1

During the summer months there are guided tours at Anundshög. The walks take about 1,5 hour and are in the months of June, Juli and August. I haven't been on a guided tour yet, but if you are in the area that time of year it might be interesting to check it out. You can get more info about the tours at the tourist office in Västerås, or read about it (like I did) at this sign at Anundshög.
The amazing thing I found about it is that it is for FREE! Hahaha, I just been on vacation to Norway and it felt that I had to pay for everything I saw or did. But not in Sweden! A historic place like Anundshög is for free, the parking is for free, and now it turns out even the guided tour is for free! I just couldn't believe my eyes! But it's great though! Hopefully I can go on a guided tour next summer as I am getting more and more interested in the Vikings, their way of living and the historic sites that are still here in this area.

Some interesting websites if you want to read more about Anundshög and stone-ships :
* How Anundshög was build
* More Stone- and Shipsettings

Watch (ing) dogs :-)

by sim1

Hahaha, of course I couldn't resist taking this picture of these two watch (ing) dogs :-) So funny!
I saw these two little dogs standing against a gate on one of the little streets of the Kyrkbacken.

Comments