Scandic Vasteras East

Scandic Vasteras
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Västerås

The name of the place.The name of the place.

Vasteras & river seen from high aboveVasteras & river seen from high above

Runestone in RökRunestone in Rök

Stone-ships at AnundshögStone-ships at Anundshög

Getting there?

by acecr

hi, i´ll be there on arlanda airport in oct 3, 9.25 pm , can get a bus to Vasteras from alranda? rates?

thanx

Re: Getting there?

by ka5637

There is a direct bus (number 501) at 23:00 to Västerås, arriving at 00:30. I don't know the price, but I doubt if it will be more than 200 SEK.
The other option is taking the Arlanda express train to Stockholm (21:50) and from there to Västerås (leaving at 22:37 and arriving at 23:30). That will cost around 300 SEK for the whole journey.
You can also take buss 801 to Uppsala at 21:35 (80 SEK) and then line 804 to Västerås (about 80 SEK too). That will be a little tight timewise, as 801 arrives in Uppsala at the same time that 804 leaves (22:10). If you miss it you must wait for an hour for the next 804.

Re: Re: Getting there?

by acecr

Thank a lot ! for your information

Arnold

Travel Tips for Västerås

Power Meet.

by Dizzyhead

It is a festival or a meeting with cars from the fifties. Around 250 000 visitors come from around 40 different countries. It is very difficult to find an acommodation this weekend when it is held. The best day is Friday, and I was there a Thursday, so I made a very big mistake.

Cafe at Tidö Slott

by sim1

Across the road from Tidö Castle you can find a cafe (Tidö Värdshus) that serves coffee but also lunch. The interior looked very nice, but it was such a lovely day, that I had it was great to sit outside on the terrace.
The opening times of the cafe are almost the same as that of the castle, so that meant that the cafe was actually closed when I got here. But the owner was outside, cleaning the patio, and he didn't mind us dropping by at all. So in no time we had a cup of coffee and tea in front of us, enjoying the great weather and the beautiful view on the castle. I didn't taste the food, so I can't comment on that, but the hospitality of this little cafe is fantastic!

berries

by kbr61263

The thing I enjoyed most in my summer trip to vasteras was getting out int the woods and collecting berries, wild raspberries, alpine strawberries, red currants, lingon berries. all sorts of things. then taking them back t my friends place and cooking/eating them! yummy

Do you want to know more about Vikings?

by sim1

I am rather fascinated by the Vikings and the traces that they left here in Sweden. Maybe it is because I live so close to a Viking site that I am so intrigued by it. Here are some links to my and Åkes pages where we have written a bit more about the Vikings:

- Sigurdsristning at Sundbyholm
- Anundshög at Västerås
- The most famous of all runestones in Rök
- The Vikings by Åke

The cathedral

by sim1

It's time to say goodbye to Kyrkbacken and have a look at the cathedral of Västerås. If you visit Västerås you have to take a look at the cathedral! The oldest parts of the cathedral are from the 1200's and it houses important artistic treasures as early as from the 8th century.
The cathedral was open when I visited Västerås and I could just go inside to have a look around in this beautiful cathedral. I recall that the cathedral wasn't opened all day long though, but unfortunately I can't really remember the opening times.

In the picture you can see the tower of the Cathedral. The tower has an almost Baltic style and is from the early half of the 1400's. Not really visible in this picture is the gilded spire from 1693, which carries a crown. The crown on the spire indicates that the church is used for royal burials. The church is the resting place for Gustav Vasa's son King Erik XIV.

Comments