Clarion Collection Odin

• veliaze's Profile Photo

Evening buffet included!

Nights stayed: 10
    Last visit: February/March 2011
    Pricing: app. 1000 SEK (single room)
    Bar: Yes
    Breakfast: Yes
    Restaurant: Yes (free evening buffet)
    Pool: No
    TV: Yes
    WiFi: Yes
    I would recommend Odin Hotel.

Odin Hotel is central located with only five minute walk from the central station and the two stadiums Ullevi and Gamla Ullevi which makes this the perfect hotel to stay at if you are going to an event at these venues.

My reason for staying at Odin was work and I was booked in three different rooms; One larger one and two smaller (but still large). The two smaller rooms had a safe, large closets, flatscreen TV, water boiler and a fridge.
    The larger room had a freezer, and an older Television set.
    The channels included many of the Swedish national channels but also CNN, discovery, NRK and DR1. The swedish channel TV1000 was strangely enough included in the smaller rooms, but not in the larger.

Breakfast was excellent!
    When we swedes stay at hotel in Sweden of of the things we long for the most is the hotel breakfast. The breakfast served at Odin did not turn me down. Meatballs, Sausages, scrambled eggs, toast, fresh fruit, cereal, bread, buns, Yoghurt and more. you won´t be disappointed.

Every evening the hotel serves an evening buffet which is included in the price.
    I have to say that the quality of the buffet is varied. The dish is usually some typical swedish meal and during my ten nigths I was not served the same dish once, so the variety seems quite large as well. It´s not as nice and tasty as on a restaurant. I would say it does taste like it was homecooked.

The Wifi worked well in all the rooms, and even in the rooms on the fifth floor.

I do have som complains though
    The cleaning was OK throughout the stay, however they totally missed to refill my shampoo bottle the four first nights, despite me complaining at the desk. For another four nights there was a really dirty towel lying in one of the closets that wasn´t removed at all. I didn´t notify the desk about this since I wanted to see if they noticed.

The cutlery at breakfast/buffet was not always clean. After the two firts nights I had learned that there could be spillovers and spots left on the glasses, knives plates etc.

It was rather cold during the weeks I stayed at Odin and I didn´t find any way to yank the radiators up. Again I asked the recepionist and I got the answer that one can´t adjust the heating in the room. So if it´s cold - bring a jacket.

The towel dryer didn´t work in one room.

Overall I Enjoyed my stay at the odin Hotel and I do recomend it to people visiting Gothenburg.

Ups

Downs
    =====
    - Cleaning at some extent
    - Dirty cutlery

Unique Quality: aaah, One really nice touch is the heated flooring in the bathrooms. Yank it up to 35 degrees Celsius (95F) and feel that heat on your feet. It´s lovely!

The beds are "Hästens sängar" which are considered as luxury beds in Sweden. They are indeed very, very comfy and so are the sheets.

At the lobby you can hang by the bar, read a free newspaper, or just hang by the fireplace.

Comments