Hotel Poseidon

Storgatan 33, Gothenburg, Vastergotland, 411 31, Sweden
Hotel Poseidon
Travelocity Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Göteborg

The view from the room: the quiet momentThe view from the room: the quiet moment

Mini golf courseMini golf course

Carl Johans ChurchCarl Johans Church

Delaware SettlersDelaware Settlers

Sushi in Göteborg?

by wombles

Ok, slightly random question. but does anyone know of a good (and cheapish) sushi place in Göteborg? Thanks!!

by marielexoteria

I'm allergic to fish but I found this on goteborg.com:

Tempu

Aschebergsgatan 26
Telefon: 031-188383

Sushibaren
Adress
Magasinsgatan 8
Telefon: 031-7017202

by MickeH

There are loads of sushi places in Göteborg, you'll have no problem finding one. Prices are typically 70-120 SEK and although I don't have a brilliant tip off the top of my mind most places are pretty good.

Where will you be staying?

by Joacim

My favourite is Sushi & Sund on Danska Vägen 84 in Örgryte. You can find a lot of places here http://www.sushigbg.se/

by alexlakeman

I'll be able to use this as well, heading to Goteborg in a week.

by Joacim

Thats good, today we have 26 degress in the shadow over 30 in the sun, warm summer winds, its such a day you reallyt looking forward to in November!

/Joacim

Travel Tips for Göteborg

Göteborg Tourist Office

by diocletianvs

Göteborg tourist office is situated at Kungsportsplatsen. They can help you with the usual stuff: here you can get general tourist info, city maps, buy tickets and Göteborg cards etc.
They can help you find the accomodation as well - it's also possible to book in advance through their website. Look for "Göteborg Package" that includes accommodation and the Göteborg Pass that gives you free admission to museums, Liseberg amusement park and free rides with the local public transport.

More info:
Göteborg Tourist Office
Kungsportsplatsen2
SE-411 10 Göteborg, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)31-61 25 00 (24 hr call answering service)
Fax: +46 (0)31-61 25 01
E-mail: turistinfo@goteborg.com
Web: www.goteborg.com

Avenyn

by SwedeSarah

The mainstreet and the place to be in Goteborg is Avenyn, or more correctly: Kungsportsavenyn. There are mostly shops on this street such as H&M, Lindex, Wettergrens, Fotoquick, Guldfynd, Skivfyndet, Kicks and some maybe a bit posh stores. There's many bars, nightclubs and restaurants, for example Valand, Lilla London and Pir 31. If you prefer culture, there's the Lorensberg theatre, the Concert House and the Big Theatre. At the bottom of Avenyn is the Gotaplatsen with the Poseidon statue, an important symbol for the city.

It's better at Landvetter...

by Todd64

After landing at Landvetter I found that the "self restraint" I had been practicing just couldn't be done anylonger, so after that "välkommen puss" that we all love to receive once landed, I quickly sought out the nearest public toilet. Upon entering I noticed a woman changing her child beside the sink, and a young girl emerging from a stall. I quickly turned around to leave in embarrassement, (I am Canadian after all) then immediately noticed urinal's on the wall. So, with a shrug of my shoulders I entered one of the stalls, and did my thing. When I left, I asked my friend about this, only to be stared at with a blank look and a "ja,ja,...so?": alright, my 1st lesson in Swedish culture; public toilets are exactly that: public.
Now, my 2nd lesson in Swedish culture: A couple of days later, she took me to Göta's; a great little pub/restaurant on Mariagaten, and after a few Spendrups', I finally had to make a similar trip. So,...my cultural tip for you? (and I quote)

"Read the damn signs on the doors!"
Not all public toilets in Göteborg are completely public.

All right,...'nuff said.

Ullevi Stadium

by ratherton

The Ullevi Stadium is the venue for a number of sporting events and pop concerts. It is also the home of football team, IFK Gothenburg.

The stadium holds 43,000 people and is the largest stadium in Sweden.

My first visit to the stadium will be on 31st March 2004 when Sweden host England in a football friendly international.

More details of whats on can be found on their website.

Helsingborg/Helsingfor

by Marpessa

I wasn't sure whether to add this as an 'off the beaten path tip' or not. But while I was in Goteborg I did come down to Helsingborg and (*very* briefly) to Helsingfor in Denmark.

My friend Henrik had arranged for us to go down to Helsingborg to see a football match between Helsingborg and IFK Goteborg (see my sports tip for more information). Afterwards we went on the quick, but beautiful, ferry trip over to Helsingor and back.

The harbours of Helsingborg and Helsingor are stunning at sunest, with the orange sky and twinkling lights of each city.

Plus there is also the bonus of being able to shop duty free (chocolates, alcohol) whilst onboard the ferry.

So if you do go down to Helsingborg, take a little sunset trip on the ferry, you won't be disappointed.

Comments