Göteborg Hotels

Our Members Say

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2605

Private Bed and Breakfast

Private Bed and Breakfast accommodation is becoming more and more popular in Scandinavia. It is a convenient, inexpensive alternative to a hotel. Apart from that it offers the chance to get an insight in the local life.

In Goteborg I stayed in a flat near the park Slottskogen. When I contacted the lady for the first time she asked me if I would mind staying alone in her flat, which I didn't.

So on arrival she explained everything to me including how to feed her fluffy Swedish cat. Then she left to visit her brother and I lived alone in her apartment. That's really Swedish trust in human nature, isn't it?

I booked the Bed and Breakfast accomodation through an agency. The price per night was 300 SEK (about 32 Euro, 2006), but didn't include breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Trains, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written June 3, 2006

Private Bed and Breakfast

• sarasue profile photo sarasue
  • Reviews: 33

There is a really great hostel...

There is a really great hostel located cetnerly that a lot of my student friends stayed at. However if you have a bit more money the hotels off the avenyn are pretty reasonable. I will have to get back to you on the name of the hostel.

• Written August 26, 2002

• thelia18 profile photo thelia18
  • Reviews: 95

The Pond of Mirrors
Water...

The Pond of Mirrors
Water games are shown here every half-hour to the tune of grand music. During the evening the show is enhanced by a colourful

• Livermore profile photo Livermore
  • Reviews: 71

We stayed at the very nice and...

We stayed at the very nice and centrally located Panorama Hotel. This hotel had a very good sauna and whirlpool. It also contained a lively bar. My room had a picturesque view of some the surrounding neighborhoods.
We stayed on a package deal paid for by Saab. But if I remember right, the published rate seemed fairly expensive to me.

Tip Photo

• sabe profile photo sabe
  • Reviews: 209

• Written August 24, 2002

• Terje1966 profile photo Terje1966
  • Reviews: 136

StayAt Hotel Gøteborg Mektagonen: Good value for money

Wery nice hotel along the Mølndalsvegen(road to the suburb Mølndal) We paid 651sek for one night (3 persons) Big room with large bathroom and tv and a wery good breaksfast (Our kid made his own waffles beside our table) Only negative was the extra 130sek for parking safely inside their garage. Good connections by tram number 4 to Gøteborg city.
Hotel is a bit difficult to see from the road because you drive so close to it but they share the building with a Willys cash food store and that sign is easy to see. Its on the right side of the road when you come from G city.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 9, 2010

• anne-lie_69 profile photo anne-lie_69
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

anne-lies hostel for girls: swedish familly makes y feel as home!

im a swedish woman me and kids got a room for you cal for info:0046762912979 (for girls only)

in a hostel in frölunda gothenburg 3300 sekr/m inc electricity,kabeltv,internet,wash/cleening,hygienprod. you can also have home made food mostly rice n curry but also swedish traditional food.for 3000 a month 2 month garantee wanted cal for info ore let me knowe if intressted i call you!here lives 3 teenage girls me im a woman on 38 and 2 small boys on 11 and 5y.take cere

its a big flat with 1 entre hall toilett,master bedroom big livingroom,with kabeltv,office/relaxroom.1corridor with bedrooms and a bathroom bathtub and toilett!
kitchen 2 balconys.great views close to station and mall.around 20 min to city,10 min to hospital sahlgrenska.we speak spanish,english,sighnalise,rushian,bulgarian.and ofcorse swedish!!we are here to help you and make you feel home while you stay(a extra familly)to speak some swedish,look for work,help with contacts paporworks and so on.same time you get washed clothes and cleen room also homemade food if so wish!!!does it sounds good -ya so what holds you hurry up and call us only 1 room left maximum stay is to dec end2008!!!

• Related to: Work Abroad, Study Abroad
  • Written May 18, 2008

• ClaireMcC profile photo ClaireMcC
  • Reviews: 3

Vandrarhem Stigbergsliden: Comfortable, well-placed, cheap accommodation

I throughly enjoyed my stay here. My room was clean and nicely furnished (as was the whole hostel) and having a washbasin in the room was so handy for brushing teeth etc. Although the room looked out on to the street (and therefore main tram lines) I didn't find it particularly noisy, except on Saturday evening when the local disco was letting out!

There is no curfew and security seems fairly high, given that any potential crook would have to bypass three locked doors to get into your room!

My only problem (as a prudish Brit!) was that the showers are not in lockable cubicles but are screened off only by curtains and a swing door from the corridor - the swing door blows the curtains up, making you pretty exposed to anyone passing! Only a problem for the body-conscious!

This hostel is not only housed in a beautiful building (a 19th century seaman's house, I think) it has lovely rooms with wash basins, friendly staff and a pleasant courtyard where you can sit and enjoy breakfast in the sun.

The breakfast itself is pretty good, with coffee, tea, home made bread of all different varieties, cereals, muesli and eggs. The jam was amazing too (a personal highlight!!)
It's the traditional buffet style which means you can fill up for the day, save your crowns by not having a big lunch!

• Related to: Study Abroad, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 10, 2005

• ClaireMcC profile photo ClaireMcC
  • Reviews: 3

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Slottskogens Vandrarhem: Slottskogens - Never judge a book by its cover!

Having previously stayed in Stigbergsliden Hostel just along the road, I had pretty high expectations for this place. On first view it didn't look good! Stigbergsliden is a lovely old building, this is a seventies-style office block. The old proverb is true - never judge the book by its cover!
Inside, the hostel is far more appealing. The rooms are fairly Spartan, though I paid extra for a room with a washbasin and found it a worthwhile investment. The staff are incredibly helpful, and friendly. It is also well placed, just a block away from Olivedalsgatan tram stop and the boulevard of Linnegatan, one of the nicest areas in the city.
There is apparently a sauna and a solarium on the premises but I didn't take advantage of either facility, I was too busy soaking up the atmosphere of Linne.

PS - the beds in the upgraded room are extra comfortable, well worth it after a hard day pounding the streets!

The breakfast! Quite possibly the best breakfast I have ever seen... a never ending stream of food; meat, cheese, egg, bread, pate, jam... the list is nearly endless. There are pictures of this wonderful spread on the website, and I defy anyone to go away hungry!

The location of the hostel is second to none too, being a stone's throw from some of my favourite coffee houses and bars on Linnegatan. There is a handy grocers across the street, and a 7-11 store a few blocks away.

• Related to: Backpacking, Study Abroad, Budget Travel
  • Written November 10, 2005

• goingplaces profile photo goingplaces
  • Reviews: 157

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Stena Line Ferry: Not for giants...

We stayed two nights on a Stena Line Ferry...one night to Goteborg, and one night back. The accomodations were fine...I slept comfortably, and our cabin was a nice size for the two of us. Unfortunately, it was a 4-person cabin. I don't even want to imagine how cramped it would be with four people in it.

Unique qualities? Hee hee, reach your arms out and touch both walls. How's that for unique??

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Cruise, Business Travel
  • Written January 29, 2004
Tip Photo

You can put your arms down, honey

• Astralka profile photo Astralka
  • Reviews: 114

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Masthuggsterrassens Vandrarhem: Hostel

Extremely friendly people! You will feel at home. Clean and quiet rooms. I payed 150 Swedish Kronor for one night + 55 Kr. for bed sheets. The centre of the town is in a walking distance (20 min).

The owner is Knut Hoffmann, his parents come from Brno, Czech Republic, what a coincidence for me :o)

• Written June 7, 2003

my photo comes later :)

• chuckyc profile photo chuckyc
  • Reviews: 128
Hostelling International runs...

Hostelling International runs a hostel from a ship on the waterfront.
$9 a night

staying the night on a ship(If you want a big room don't try this though.I stayed in a single cabin and there was just enough room for me and my backpack.

• Guiden profile photo Guiden
  • Reviews: 7
Youth hostels Stigbergsliden &...

Youth hostels Stigbergsliden & Slottskogen
Somewhere around SEK 100-200, depending on service and number of people.

Great locations, nice areas with good restaurants, parks, museums (Maritime and Natural history), not to expensive.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful