Polhemsplatsen 3, Gothenburg, Vastergotland, 41111, Sweden

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Central comfortable 'business' hotel

A useful business-type hotel in great location for transport and sightseeing.

The hotel is somewhat impersonal but efficiently managed. It was probably built in mid-1990s in atrium style with many rooms facing into a glassed in atrium.

We were allocated one of these atrium rooms. It was very quite but lacked opening windows. I don't believe the rooms were air-conditioned, they did NOT have any individual temperature controls and became very hot and stuffy at night. There was an ambient temperature air grill which produced a gentle flow of air but for someone who always sleeps with a bedroom window open it was a very poor alternative. (When we complained, the hotel did offer a freestanding fan so I imagine we were not the first people to object!)

The beds (two twins placed together) were very comfortable. There was also a fold down bed settee, with additional bedding available.

Unique Quality: Excellent breakfast buffet with hot and cold selections. Dining room was very busy at weekends but fine during the week.

The hotel was located within easy walking of the central station and bus terminal(5 - 10 mins) and 5 mins from the central square where busses and trams leave for local destinations.

Directions: Very central, almost across from central station and bus terminal

• A2002's Profile Photo

Scandic Hotel

It is a 3 star hotel near the central train station. The bus station where the airport bus stops is within walking distance. The hotel is behind the post office.

Checking in is not very fast and I had to wait for a while before I see anyone at the reception for checking in. The lobby is spacious and I was impressed. It was clean and beautifully designed. There's even a special room for brochures and information about Gothenburg city.

Unique Quality: I had a room on the 7th floor with city view. I have to use the key card to my room to even operate the lift to go up. I was impressed with the good security. After putting down my bags in the room, I went to the 8th floor to check out the sauna and jacuzzi with great view of the city. The jacuzzi is shared by men and women. There was a group of people at that time, hence I only had a fast glimpse of the view of the city. It seems not bad. There's also a gym with basic equipment.

It was minus 10 degC outside. The heating in my room was not enough. I touched the heating element, and it was not even warm. I called the reception. I was told that I can change to a room facing the lobby as it is colder in rooms with city view :-(. I was not pleased with that. But luckily, the duvet provided was very comfy and kept me warm for the night. :-)

The price of the room included a buffet breakfast. There's a wide selection at breakfast.

More about Scandic Crown

eating and drinking in gothenburg

by franyg

can anyone recommed places to eat and drink we are staying in scandic crown hotel at the end of september, is there anything on that weekend of interest. cheersXX

Re: eating and drinking in gothenburg

by Sjalen

Smaka is a good restaurant if you're interested in trying local food too:

http://www.smaka.se (menu in English)

Comments