Stogatan 47 49 Box 288, Trollhattan, 46130, SE
More about Trollhättan
oil filter cap is black, in center of photo
Wallenius Wilhemsen Lines ship, Boheme
Travel Tips for Trollhättan
Consider not returning the car with an empty tank.
Before you return the car for transatlantic shipment, consider filling the gas tank so that there is at least half a tank. If you have a full tank, there is less of a chance for moisture condensation. If the tank is very empty, part of the fuel pump will be exposed and subject to oxidation. On the other hand, the shipping company may drain the gas tank if it is too full. Therefore, consider perhaps a 1/3 full tank.
There is a Shell Tankomatic (unmanned station) next to the Beko Bil car dealership in Gothenburg. I used the Statoil station, which has air for tires, one exit before (west of) the one to Beko Bil.
Oil Changes Made Easy, part 5
7. Pull off the oil filter from the oil filter cover. Replace the green oil filter cover gasket and lubricate the new gasket with some oil. Place new oil filter. Tighten cover to slightly more than finger tight (18 ft. lbs. of torque or 25 Nm). In the classic 900, I poured some oil into the filter to reduce the amount of time that the engine runs dry without much oil. However, in the 9-3, if you pour oil into the oil filter compartment, it drains away. Therefore, I don’t think it is necessary to pour oil here. This is a photo of the SAAB oil filter installed in the factory (Hengst E630H Energetic, made in Germany, part number 12 579 143) and a new SAAB oil filter (Purflux L264A, made in France, part number 24460713)
8. Fill the engine with 6 quarts of oil (yellow cap shown in the photo under "Oil Changes made Easy, part 4). Check for oil leaks when the engine is running. The owner’s manual says that the oil capacity is 6.3 quarts (6.0 l). A small amount of clings to the crankcase and engine so it is probably not necessary to add any oil in addition to the 6 quarts or, at most 0.1 quarts. Overfilling the oil is never recommended in any car.
Factory tour, part 2
Notes taken at or immediate after the tour.
26. The dash of the 9-5 is assembled in the factory, but not the 9-3 because of lack of enough factory space.
27. Lear Seating in Trollhattan has 3.5 hours to makes seats and deliver them 10 minutes before installation. They are notified when a car is at “station 0”.
28. SAAB Flexline system, the most common color ordered is black. They mix and match colors on the production line, i.e. they do not have to produce 50 black cars in a row. Black is the most common color produced.
29. factory is at least 6 lanes wide, i.e. production moves from one end of the building to the other, loops around at least 5 more times.
30. each loop is 460 meters, building is 1 km long
31. saw 9-3 with brakes, bumpers, still no doors
32. battery, fluids put in after tires are placed on cars. The fluids are one of the last component of assembly.
33. doors, already painted, transported behind car on assembly line
34. programming, e.g. radio, correct language in SID is done in the final stretch of assembly (along with placing of fluids)
35. The cars are then at the southwest corner of the building where the driving test of car on rollers are done. The cars are then driven outside for 300 meters, where windshield wipers and horn are tested.
36. cars are cleaned and polished
37. 35 hours needed to assemble cars, to be reduced to 32 hours in the future
Popular Hotels in Trollhättan
View all Trollhättan hotels
View all Trollhättan hotels
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
- Scandic Swania Trollh�ttan
Address: Stogatan 47 49 Box 288, Trollhattan, 46130, SE