Did you mean?Try your search again
Our Members Say
- Reviews: 815
Hut on the Alps: A unique view for your Alpine stay...
Be aware that huts are not hotels!
Already due to their remote location mountain huts cannot offer the comfort usual in the flat country. Only in isolated (usually newer) huts smaller sleep areas or showers are available, and the space conditions do not permit a large privatsphaere with full hut.
As smooth a living together of many humans with different goals and daily rhythms as possible (mountain climber, wanderer) close together presupposes a large measure of respect and understanding. Some important behavior rules (hut order) are fastened in the huts, and it is natural that one adheres to it.
All Swiss Alpine visitor could find a safe and heatable accommodation and the possibility of preparing smaller meals. Besides they have the function of a salvage station (with rescue material and radio or telephone connection in the valley). The SAC is the only alpine association, which makes this infrastructure available surface covering. The maintenance of the winter areas is connected with large financial expenditures. Neither the costs of the production nor those of the supply of the lighting and heating means can be covered with the overnight accomodation taxes at full extent. It is the more important around the fact that all staying overnight guests pay the hut taxes correctly. Only by honesty everything can keep the SAC the winter areas opened.
- Reviews: 4
Temples du Soleil: Aweful Accomodation
After a the worst journey of my life (car, bus, train, metro, train, bus) we arrived at the Temples du Soleil looking forward to check in and relax in comfort.
No chance! After queing for the check-in desk (with 100's of other people) for about 1½ hours we found out that we couldn't get our room until 5pm.. And when we finally got the key we found out we were about a 10 minute walk from the main hotel.!
A massive maze of appartment acroos 6-7 building, which all look the same.
Very basic rooms - like a prison cell
10 minute walk to the hotel front door.
20 minute walk (up hill) in to town.
Looks like a ghetto.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
- Hotels Near The Ecublens
- Priceline Cheap Hotel Deals. No Bidding Required. www.priceline.com/Hotels
- Hotels In Switzerland
- Search Hotels In Switzerland Find Great Info and Results. www.searchinq.com/Hotels+In+Switzerland
- Switzerland Hotels
- Plan A Vacation To Switzerland Now! Huge Savings At Liberty Travel™. www.libertytravel.com/Switzerland
Explore the World
- 4000 Hotels in Swiss Alps
- Lowest price guarantee! Book your Hotel in Swiss Alps www.booking.com/Swiss-Alps-Hotels
- Hotels in Alp
- Find deals in Alp. Save with our Price Match Guarantee www.hotels.com/Alp-hotels
- Alps Better Than Hotels
- Beautiful Hotel Alternatives. Book A Private Apartment From 30$/n Now! www.housetrip.com/Alps-Apartments
- Beautiful Switzerland
- Residence Hotel & Apartments, CH. Save 25% on Twin Sharing. Book Now! www.residence-grindelwald.ch/Swiss/Alps
- 1369 Hotels Switzerland
- Up to 75% off on hotel reservations in Switzerland. Pay at check out! switzerland-hotels.eurobookings.com/