16 Route de Pre-Bois, Geneva, Geneva, 1215, Switzerland

Booking.com IHG Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Hosell's Profile Photo

Nice place close to airport!

Sorry because I haven't any picture of the hotel,I took two or three here,but I lost them!.
    Well this is a very nice three star hotel,is also a quiet place even though is very close to Geneva's Irternational Airport.

Is a new hotel and the rooms has a nice decoration and they are spacious enough.

Unique Quality: The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport aswell.

Directions: Very close to airport.

More about Holiday Inn Express Geneva Airport

Best value hotel and very clean

by TripAdvisor Member annjodan

We arrived at Geneva, went outside of the airport door exit number 4 and the free shuttle stop was there. We only waited about 5mins and the bus came and took us to the hotel. This journey was only a few minutes drive down the road. At the hotel we had two adjoining rooms which both were lovely and clean, the bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever been in. We had a good nights sleep even though we faced the airport we never heard any sound from there. Our free continental breakfast had a good choice of food with cereals, croissants,bread buns, cheeses, yogurts,fruits and toast. My husband left the table with a full stomach!. We would definately stay here again.

Good Value

We were shocked at the high price of hotels in Geneva, and the small rooms (we are a family of 4 with a 10 and 12 year old). We chose the Holiday Inn based on reviews and were thrilled. It was less than half what we would have paid in town. It is absolutely no-frills but the beds were very soft and comfy and we took a shuttle/train to the city for the day.

Nice rooms, rude staff

by TripAdvisor Member NWintheSouth

The hotel itself was clean and new. The staff was extremely rude! First, the airport shuttle was supposed to run every 20 minutes. The van finally showed up after 30 minutes, and then the driver left us sitting in front of the airport for another 15 while he ran inside to do who knows what. He didn't even bother to tell us when he was coming back!
The front desk day staff was extremely rude. The night staff was nice enough, but I won't go back there!

Good for Travellers

by TripAdvisor Member Nellyelly1

My daughter & I stayed at the holiday inn during a city break to Geneva. Rooms very clean & comfortable. Breakfast a bit colourless but sufficient, you need to be down for breakfast well before closing time otherwise food may be gone. Staff were a bit impersonal, Dont rely on staff for particularly helpful information. Five minutes walk to public bus under a bridge, numbers 9 or 29 which will take you right into the centre (10 minutes)Good out of town location, reasonably priced and excellent public transport connections.

Good stopover hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Hampshire-resident

Typical Holiday Inn Express - clean comfortable room (slightly smaller than usual and only one chair). Adequate breakfast included in the cost of the room. The Airport Shuttle seemed to work well enough. Good value Manora restaurant nearby (open until about 10pm) and good bus connections to the city (once you've found the stop). Cheaper than some of the other airport hotels. Too far out to consider using for a longer stay in the city, but fine for one night.

Hotel ok but staff very unhelpful

The hotel is not bad, just be aware if you have never been to Geneva you will not get any help from the staff. I even tried to go down in the evening to see if maybe the night staff was a little more customer oriented, but not. It must the the manager staff hiring practices that says "we will check you in and nothing else" They must be the most unhelpful staff in a hotel I have ever stayed at.
But as for the room it is small but clean, and that is all I needed.

Terrific place at a terrific price

by TripAdvisor Member ga2607

We had a 7:00 a.m. flight from Geneva, so I wanted to stay near the airport, and this place offered the lowest price, but what a pleasant surprise! The room was very clean, comfortable, and one of the most attractive, innovative, and modern hotel rooms I've ever seen. Free breakfast was excellent, with a wide variety of options. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. A free shuttle runs to and from the airport, from which frequent train service is available to downtown Geneva (only about 5 minutes away). The only bad thing is that if you come in on the train (as we did), signs in the airport do not clearly indicate where to catch the hotel shuttles. We had to ask several people and even then wandered around for about 45 minutes before we found the correct place, but that's not the hotel's fault, just bad airport signage. Based on prices I saw for hotels in Geneva compared to the price for this hotel, and given the quality of this hotel, I'd stay here again even if I didn't have an early morning flight.

Functional, easy to get to and from Geneva & airport

by TripAdvisor Member zigmund

I was doing a course in Geneva and stayed here for 2 nights in early May. There is nothing to complain about the hotel itself - standard low cost Lodge/Express type lobby, breakfast & rooms and essentially nothing else in the building. I think there was a bar (which may have doubled as the reception area - I didn't go looking, and it didn't stick out).

The hotel is within walking distance (if you are a European and don't mind walking) of the airport and in fact one of the maintenance hangars is right across the road to give you an idea of the distances involved. It took just over 10 minutes to walk to the airport and a further 5 or so to walk to the train station which is at the other end of the terminal. The hotel shuttle runs every 30 minutes I think and the times are posted up, but I found that the other hotel shuttles appeared and re-appeared in the time it took the shuttle for the Holiday Inn Express to show up, so it may not be too punctual. Make sure you get the Holiday Inn Express shuttle and not the Holiday Inn one (like I did) as they are miles apart.

If you do decide to walk from the airport when you arrive, just come out of Arrivals, turn right and just follow the road, keeping to the airport side of the footpath/road. At the end of the terminal there should be markings for a pedestrian route to one of the long term car parks (P51 I think), just follow them and when you get to the car park keep going along that path. The hotel is the Holiday-Inn-Express-looking (i.e. bland and grey) building just after the Movenpick hotel, opposite the drive-in entrance to the airport maintenance hangar.

There are plenty of trains to the city centre, every 10-15 minutes or so and *every* train leaving the airport stops in the city centre. It may take some time to work out which ticket to buy from the machine as (even though it is presented in several languages) it is not entirely clear how to buy a ticket to Geneva. I think it was somewhere under 'Communal Tarrif' and then a few clicks further. The ticket appears to be good for the area surrounding Geneva (including the airport) rather than specifically to the city centre.

Check-in and check-out were without problem and I didn't find the staff to be rude, just generally polite. There is a supermarket about 3 or 4 minutes down the road (away from the airport, just past the motorway bridge) and there appear to be a *few* restaurants nearby.

The biggest problem I found in Geneva in general was trying to work out whether people spoke German, French, Italian or none of the above - even the Swiss people who were on the course resorted to ordering in English in restaurants.

Summary - no problems with the hotel, near the airport, relatively cheap (for Geneva) and good transport connections. I would stay there again, but not if I was looking for a romantic stay in Geneva, just a functional one.

Convenient Location at a Good Price

by TripAdvisor Member Dubliner

This hotel is just a few hundred yards from the Airport, a free shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes from 6.00am to 11.30pm from outside the arrivals area. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds, check in is prompt and breakfast is a decent continental breakfast. The best aspect is the location from the Airport and the Cheap price. A very good value for money hotel suitable for the business traveller or a family on a tight budget.

Budget Hotel near Geneva airport?

by Jen611

Looking to spend 1 night in an inexpensive hotel located near the Geneva airport. We have an EasyJet flight that gets into Geneva at 10:30pm, and the next morning, we plan to leave Geneva for another nearby town, perhaps Montreux. A clean, budget-friendly hotel, possibly with a hotel shuttle would be great. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Budget Hotel near Geneva airport?

by Tripack

Hi,

Two budget hotel are next to Geneva Airport with free courtesy shuttle:
The Express Holiday Inn (800m from Airport) - average price is CHF 155 with breakfast per room
or the Ibis hotel (500m) for CHF 147

When leaving Geneva your could take your train from Geneva Airport railwaystation. Each hotel guest could have free Geneva Transport Card.

Enjoy your Swiss stay.