2 rue de la Rotisserie, Geneva, Geneva, CH-1204, Switzerland

Booking.com Priceline.com

• bonio's Profile Photo

Hotel Central

Booked a compact double room and that's exactly what we got. Small and comfortable en-suite room, clean and functional, just what we needed, balcony a bonus! Simple breakfast served in the room.
    No complaints at all, certainly happy to revisit here.

Directions: Tram #16 from Gare Cornavin to Cite Bel Aire then a very short walk.

• Horrible

1. There is no breakfast room => they serve the breakfast directly into your room. As the rooms are o.k., but not big, I did not find this very good. The table was too small.

2. There was no "Please don't disturb / Please clean room" sign. I was sick and stayed in bed one morning and was disturbed more than once, although I told them to simply skip my room.

3. I forgot the charger for my mobile phone in the hotel room. Back home, I phoned the hotel. They promised to send me the charger right away. As it had not arrived ten days later, I phoned them again. This time I was informed that I have to pay the shipment cost and that they need my credit card number. No problem with that, but I asked them why a) they had not told me so ten days earlier and b) why they had not called me back to ask for my credit card number. The girl at the reception desk could not really answer, so the hotel proprietor took over. Within few seconds, she got extremely impolite, she even yelled at me on the phone, she did not let me finish my sentences and did not even try to listen. She even said if I repeat my question, I can forget my charger. I got NO ANSWER why the did not at least phone me. My suspicion is that they did not take my phone number correctly. So my overall impression is: not customer-oriented, and not helpful at all. Very impolite. Don't go there!!

4. This is just a minor thing: I needed access to the Internet for one transaction, i.e. only for 5 minutes. At the hotel, they have internet access, but it is not always available. But they would not tell you how long you have to wait in case it is occupied. I tried to find an internet café then. This is really a challenge in Geneva! There is only one within the main train station and one quite close to the station. As it is really complicated within the city, it would have been really great ifthe hotel crew had been more helpful on that. Still it isn't their fault that there are almost no public internet accesses.

• Not Recommended

Directions: Close to the old city

• Hotel Central: Simple, comfortable accommodation

Because I booked last minute, I had to move from one to another room. I started in the Compact room, which would be much too small for a couple (but I was on my own). You do go through the bathroom to get to the (very small) bedroom. I was then moved to a Standard room, which was more than twice the size - very comfortable, lots of room, TV, fridge, balcony. I would highly recommend the hotel but would suggest the compact room only for those who just need a place to crash. If you'll be spending time there, upgrade - the price is still more than reasonable for Geneva.

Unique Quality: I could see the fountain from my balcony.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Nice 2-Star Hotel in the Old Town

This nice hotel is on the edge of the Old City, located on the 6th floor of an office complex. The room was comfortable enough, with TV and shower/WC. Night owls take note: the hotel has a midnight curfew. Continental breakfast is included and served in your room.

Unique Quality: - Located in the Old City
    - Quiet and secure
    - Midnight curfew
    - Continental breakfast served in room

Directions: From the train station, walk down Rue du Mont Blanc and across the Pont du Mont Blanc. Turn right on Rue de la Rôtisserie. Hotel will be on your left; take the elevator to the 6th floor.

• Polly74's Profile Photo

Nice hotel

Quiet, comfortable, renovated top-floor rooms seconds below the Old Town, all with balcony. Prices depend on the room size, but are all good value.

Comments