Kipling Hotel

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Rated 11% higher but also costs 29% more than other 3 star hotels

• zeusapollo's Profile Photo

Great Hotel At a Good Price

The Kipling is part of a local chain of hotels in Geneva. It is not in the most tourist visited part of town, but since Geneva is so small, you are only a 10 minute walk from nearly anywhere. The rooms are very nice with an Indian theme. There are photos of places in India on the walls of the halls.
    The room I had was very nice on a corner with lots of windows. The bathroom was large with a tub and a shower, and a large sink. I travel with my two Labradors and there was no problem with them. I had room in the bathroom for their food and water bowls without tripping over them each day. There was a 15 SFr supplement per dog per day and 25 SFr for parking in the hotel garage per night.
    The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent, just five blocks from the train station but off the main streets, so it is a bit quieter. There are several rated restaurants within walking distance as well as many cafes and bars.

Unique Quality: Pets are allowed. The place has a lot of style and character. It is well lit and clean.

Directions: Pâquis a few blocks from the lake, one block from Rue de Lausanne.

• gordonilla's Profile Photo

A modernised and comfortable hotel

The hotel appears to have been refurbished and has an oriental and indian theme. There are 62 rooms and suites, airconditioned and a nukber have kitchenettes. Each room has a mini bar, tv and ISDN lines. The guests have use of the business centre, WIFI and the car park.

Unique Quality: As with many hotels, thgere is a breakfast room but no dining room for lunch or dinner; however vouchers for other Manotel group restaurants were issued on check in to the hotel.

Directions: near city centre close to the lake.

More about Kipling Hotel

Great

by TripAdvisor Member Tweety83

Me and my husband celebrated our wedding anniversary at Genewa.. and the hotel was just cool.. we really enjoyed our stay there for 4 nights..
the breakfast was really nice and so many to choose from..
it was really a nice place to stay and its very easy access to all the tourist attractions..and its just 10 mins by train from the airport.

We really enjoyed our stay and hoping to visit there soon.

*** Hotel **** amenaties

by TripAdvisor Member wendybotecumin

We stayed at the Kipling Hotel in Geneva from Sunday 14 to Weds 18 October 2006. We found the hotel exceptionally clean. The refurbishments are excellent and the staff both friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was very good with cereals, usual 'German' breakfast (not intented as an insult) eggs to cook individually, yoghurts, fresh fruit, juices, tea/coffee plus a selection of breads and sweet breads. The hotel is approx. 5 minutes walk from the train station and just over that down to the lake. But it IS in a rather shabby part of town, although we didn't at any time feel threatened. If you are a light sleeper like me you may be disturbed by noises from adjoining bedrooms and certainly, unlike England, the dust bin men collect regularly (twice in our short stay!) and noisily. That said, if we returned to Geneva we would certainly re-book at the Kipling. Lastly, there is no restaurant in the hotel but they do serve coffee and drinks in the area adjoing Reception.

Just what I expected and wanted

by TripAdvisor Member LOLBee

I recently stayed for a whole week at the Manotel Kipling, and I was very satisfied. The tripadvisor site lists it as 2 stars, but I think it is actually a 3-star hotel. My room was good sized and quiet. It had a desk, table and chairs, refrigerator, and even a kitchenette with microwave (although there is an extra charge to use it). Bathroom was large and spotless. Staff were unfailingly pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was very nice. There is no restaurant in the hotel but many close by (including a Latin bar virtually next door that had great food). It is just a block up to the tram line to the international district, and only a short walk down to the lake shore. I was very pleased and will definitely stay there again.

Great stay, will defineitely return

by TripAdvisor Member HanBee

Booked this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor.com and was not disappointed. Didn't fancy the Edelweiss which actually got a better rating as my partner is Swiss so sounded like might be a bit over the top for the nontourist! The Kipling was great. Really lovely, clean, big rooms. Lovely bathroom. Reminded me a bit of Malmaison type hotels in UK. Friendly service. Good location - about 5 minutes walk from station. Great for the price. We got a good deal on the hotel website that was £80 a night. Would definetely recommend and since we visit Geneva about 2-3 times a year will definitely stay again.

Loved the Kipling

by TripAdvisor Member natashairaketa

We choose Kipling for stay at Geneva. We had 4 honey days after the wedding there. We really enjoued our stay there: calm and very cosy place, good service even in the late night :) Our room was great, it's spacy and with stylish furniture. Breakfast was also fine. Just 5 minutes walk from the lake and from the railway. It's comfortable if you're planning to travel from Geneva to other swiss cities (like we did to Lausanne).

Enjoyed the Kipling

by TripAdvisor Member privatewire

We spent 1 night at the Kipling following a wintersports holiday in Courchevel.
The kipling is a very pleasant small hotel close to the main railway station and the lake.
We found the room to be well furnished, comfortable and spotlessly clean.
The staff were friendly and helpful and we enjoyed our stay.
The price we paid via the hotels own website was cheaper than airport hotels, and with the airport 6 minutes away by train, it made perfect sense, the hotel even gave us a pass for free public transport!
The general area that the hotel is in is perhaps not the most inspiring, but everywhere is within walking distance and we felt safe during our stay.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family

Great value, impeccable rooms

by TripAdvisor Member pasdejunk

Stayed at the Kipling three nights this month (March 2007) for work. It's probably the best of the Manotel group hotels in Geneva for the value.

Comfortably furnished room with an upscale restrained design in the British colonial style. Room was not spacious, but also not cramped. Bathroom was impeccable and surprisingly large with a full-size bathtub and good water pressure in the shower. Closet hanging space in my room was very limited. Definitely a 3 star hotel, would easily be 4 if the rooms were bigger, and they carried slippers or a robe.

Free wireless internet. Bath products are by the house and surprisingly good. I would say the buffet breakfast is not worth the 30 or so CHF, as there is no food cooked to order. No hotel restaurant but there are plenty of establishments that are good nearby. Super friendly, helpful staff. The hotel site and customer uploaded pictures are accurate. Free computers and printing in small business center. Reception gave me a free public transport card upon arrival, came in very handy.

It's not in the pretty part of town, it's just where normal people live, but it's extremely convenient. Very close to the train station, with tram and bus stops steps away and convenient shops nearby. Also close to the lake, easy walking.

If you are doing work at the UN or other international institutions, it's easy to get anywhere from there. For vacation, it's a great choice unless you want a nice view from your room or to be in a more charming part of town.

Very impressed with the Manotel Kipling

by TripAdvisor Member Sue11

The hotel is located very close to the train station and easy walk when you are carrying luggage. The facade of the hotel itself looks clean, modern and attractive. Once inside, the reception staff are friendly and attentive.
The room itself was impeccably clean, air conditioned and tastefully decorated in a colonial style. Being slightly fussy, I tend to check in all the corners of the room for dust and dirt, but honestly could not find a speck in the room! The bed itself was large and comfortable with room colour co-ordinated throws and nice new looking linen on it. A nice touch was a chocolate left on the pillows of the bed. The bathroom looked new, modern and and very clean. All the usual extras are in the room, eg hairdryer, shampoos, soap etc.
I have noticed that other reviews warn that this hotel is not located in a very good area. I would not say that the area is any worse than other hotels I have stayed at. After checking in, we wanted to go to see the lake which is very close by. The receptionist showed us the best streets to take on a map, but warned us to stay away from a certain area close to the hotel, as 'it is not very nice', in other words frequented by prostitutes and unsavory characters! However most of the streets we travelled down were well lit and had plenty of tourists wandering around, we think we did stray into the unsavoury area, but did not feel particularly threatened. Also another review stated that there was a strip club located 2 doors from the hotel. I could not see any such club, perhaps they have now shut it down?
All in all I would definately recommend this hotel with I feel, reasonable prices for above average rooms.

Comments