Rue du Parc 71, La Chaux-de-Fonds, 2300, Switzerland

More about La Chaux-de-Fonds

Travelers Guide

by panisyer

Sir/Madam,

This is my first time to go to switzerland in la chaux de found, I just want to ask, how can I go to La chaux if my plain land in Zurich, how many train will I ride to get there, how can I asure that Im riding the right train because as far as I know there so many train there (criss cross rails), and last how can I asure that I am already at la chaux de fonds is there any landmarks you can provide,

Thank you very much in advance for those wants share there expirience on how to get there....

RE: Travelers Guide

by altamiro

??? You do ask strange questions! Do you have no public transportation where you live?

>how can I go to La chaux if my plain land in Zurich

www.sbb.ch/en
from: Zürich Flughafen
To: La Chaux-de-Fonds

>how many train will I ride to get there,

That is what the above site is for.

>how can I asure that Im riding the right train because as far as I know there so many train there (criss cross rails)

I don't quite get what you mean with the last part, but you simply look for departure and arrival posters. The departure posters are yellow, the arrival posters are white. The track number and destinations of the trains are posted there. Plus there are elctronic tableaus for train information.

>last how can I asure that I am already at la chaux de fonds is there any landmarks you can provide

I really don't know which landmarks you want to know, but you simply listen to the loudspeaker which will state each station in French, German end English. For most trains La Chaux de Fonds is the final stop. If everything fails, you simply look out the window and read the station name.

RE: Travelers Guide

by mabu

hi
search your timetable on www.rail.ch (english versin of www.sbb.ch, the homepage of the swiss railways). you need to type from "zürich (or zurich) airport" to La-chaux-de-fonds. trains will run every hour or half hour. you will have to change trains in biel or neuchatel. usually chaux-de-fonds will be the terminus station. you can get the trains details by clicking on the train number on your timetable so you know what station is the one before yours. or just look out of the window and listen to the loudspeakter announcements. you will be fine.
have a good trip