Hotel Jeunotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• ghettosteph's Profile Photo

Youth Hostel

The sheets and room were clean, and the bed super comfy, despite the fact that it squeeked loudly, and wobbled a quite a bit when I tried to climb up or down (I had the top bunk)!
    The rooms are very basic. No electrical plugs, mirror, or air conditioning.
    There is a safe for valuables that you may use free of charge, and you can leave your bags with the front desk when you aren't in your room.
    The bathrooms were lacking. They were not cleaned at all in the 3 days I spent there, and the showers were disgusting. I felt dirtier after the shower! And you must bring your own towel, and SHOWER SHOES are a must. But, it must be noted that room with a private shower are also available, but out my price range!
    The breakfast is included in the room price. It consists of Corn Flakes cereal, warm milk, day-old baguette with jam, butter, cheese, and/or ham. Oh, and something white, that I think may have been yogourt. They have every drink you could possibly want though - from juice to coffee, cappucino, tea, water and soft drinks.

Unique Quality: The location almost couldn't be better. A 2-minute walk from the bus stop, and right next to the Musée Romain. A taxi into the downtown costs between 15 and 20 francs.
    The staff are very helpful and outgoing, and most are tri-lingual (English, French and German.)
    There is a TV room which can be accessed using your room key...but no one told us! We discovered on our own on our last day.
    There is also a pool table, a restaurant (though the meals seemed expensive. 15 francs for mixed veggies and cured ham...) a large common area with plenty of seating, and a snack machine.
    There is 24-hour reception, and no curfew.

Directions: Take Bus 2 (Bourdonnet) from Ouchy, and get off at the Bois de Vaux stop. Cross at the lights, and walk for 2 minutes, following the Jeunotel signs.

More about Hotel Jeunotel

BNB FIDAN LAUSANNE

by Amitu

Greetings,

I am going for my honeymoon in mid May to Lausanne and Interlaken.

I wanted to get some reviews about the BNB FIADAN in Lausanne. It is 20 mins away from city centre.

Has anyone stayed there?

Is there any other hotel you would recommend? We are on a budget of 100USD per night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: RE: BNB FIDAN LAUSANNE

by alllove2u2

I do not know of the BnB you speak of.. I do know that 20 minutes out of the city can be a hassle. What are your planned methods of transportation? The Jeunotel is close to the lake front (5 minute walk if that)and perhaps a 10 minute walk (unfortunately uphill)to the Metro which will take you downtown. I can't vouch as to how nice it is or exactly what accommodations they offer but I believe they are around 90-100 swiss francs per night. If you want anything downtown it will cost more. I know of a decent hotel right in the city center but it will cost around 150 US. If you send me info (website, exact address etc.)on the place you mentioned I will look into it a bit for you.

RE: RE: BNB FIDAN LAUSANNE

by Amitu

Many thanks for your help.

I sincerely appreciate the info.

The link to the BNB is http://www.fiadan.com/An/contacts.html.

My budget is around 100USD per night for a double room. But i am not being able to find accomodation in the price range in the city centre. Since it is my honeymoon, I would prefer not staying in a hostel (contacted Lausanne Guesthouse, but its is more of a hostel)

Thanks in advance