Place De Savoie 1 Nyon 1260

Priceline.com Travelocity eDreams

• SA1949's Profile Photo

My home at Nyon, Switzerland

I spent 4 days with my family at Hotel Real, everything was perfect, free high-speed wi-fi in room too... Warmly recommend ...

More about Nyon

Gardens of La DucheGardens of La Duche

NyonNyon

Modern art adjacent to the chateauModern art adjacent to the chateau

PaléoPalĂ©o

Travel Tips for Nyon

UEFA

by Pinat

During my 15-minute train journey from Geneva to Nyon, I met with two nice Swiss teenager football-players and I learned one of the basic things that should be known of Nyon (according to them at least:) The town is famous for being the headquarters of Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) and the draws for the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Cup are held in Nyon. The boys were really surprised to discover that I didn't know this.

For those who are into football, I also learned that 2009/2010 competition finals will be held in Madrid and Hamburg:)

Here is also the correct place to advertise the Turkish team I support: Galatasaray - won the UEFA cup in 1999/2000 competition:)

Nyon - my favorite Swiss city

by Toshioohsako

"A small medieval town"

It is about 30 minutes' drive from geneva and 15 minutes by train.
Its a beautiful town and I have some friends in this town. It is always pleasant and enjoyable to talk to them on Saturdays and Sundays and visit together some nice places nearby.

"A view from Nyon castle"

Its beautiful. You must visit here. The view from the castle is superb. Even in summer, it is relatively calm. There are several nice cafes and restaurants. It is pleasant in summer to sit in the terrace of cafe and read a newspaper or talk to your friends.

"Boat to France"

You can go to the French side of the Lake leman (Evian, Yvoire, etc) in 30 minutes by a boat like this. Its an excellent day trip to visit these villages.

Home of Dreamworld

by dreamworld

Welcome !!!
Actually I live in a small village in the area of Nyon, which is the main city between Geneva and Lausanne. But it's nothing big...only 16000 people live in Nyon. Still it's the main center for almost everything.
Nyon is famous all over the world for the WONDERFUL music festival held every year in July, called Paleo.
This event shouldn't be missed...check with www.paleo.ch
To know more about me...go to my Geneva city page since I'm from this place.

Comments