Hotel Les 4 Vallees

Verbier, CH-1936, Switzerland

Satisfaction Average

More about Verbier

Another view from the slopesAnother view from the slopes

The Chef PierrozThe Chef Pierroz

Le Châble to VerbierLe Châble to Verbier

Town picTown pic

Verbier Festival 2007

by leonik

Greetings...

Has anyone been to the Verbier Festival?
Was anyone at the All-Star Piano Extravaganza in 2004?
Anyone going there this July-August?

www.verbierfestival.com

Where would be an affordable place to stay?
Under USD50/night would be ideal as I plan to be there for most of the festival duration this summer.
Are there homestays available?

Thanks!
Andy

RE: Verbier Festival 2007

by kathymay1

You might want to check the Rick Steves site or e-mail them. The price range that you're talking about is either a very modest holiday apt or a hostel!

Re: Verbier Festival 2007

by Tamilynn_1972

Andy,

My fiance has a B & B in Verbier. You can check it out at www.chaletheidi.com. Not sure if the chalet has been fully booked yet, but if so, he can tell you other places that are very affordable to find lodging.

His name is Lionel and you can also reach him at 41 27 771 31 31 ~~ you can tell him that I referred you to him....my name is Tami and he should know who I am---LOL

Re: Verbier Festival 2007

by nicecharacter

Gamarjoba! great to meet someone from Georgia here, on VT! Always was dreaming to viist Georgia, although it looks like it's not an appropriate time )

I'm not sure for now, but there's a possibility me and my wife will go for Verbier in the middle of July. Hopefully we'll meet if you don't mind

With best regards,

Edward

Travel Tips for Verbier

Hayfever may be a problem

by eurotravels

If you suffer from Hayfever take medication with you. I had a rough time at the end of June, having never had hayfever symptoms ever before. I managed to get a remedy in Verbier but none of the instructions were in English and I subsequently found it's almost half the price for the same product in the UK.

Ride the Mont Fort

by Tripack

The highest point in the region is the Mont-Fort at 3330m. From its peak , one can enjoy an incredible view of the Matterhorn, the Grand Combin and the Mont-Blanc which at 4807m is the highest peak in Europe.

A 3km steep slope "dives" 436m lower in direction of the Col des Gentianes area. Only recommended for good skiers... watch the bumps ;-)

Skiing

by africateach

This is Phillipe and I at the retaurant in the "old verbier" part of Verbier. Great food and he is a really nice guy! Got me extremely drunk on bottles of wine and liquor! Then we went out for cigars and had more to drink! Is this guy a customer service rep or what. He and his wife own part of LES ELFES camp where I have been taking my students for 2 years now! Great trip and counting the days till next year!

Had a great time in Switzerland. Good food, nice people and I turned into a human snowball when I tried to go down a double black diamond run for the first time in about 7 years!!! Fell about 50ft. and walked back up to get my skis!!!
Chocolate, Wine and good food made me gain too much weight!!!

Evenings here were... as you can see... just as beautiful as the mornings!

Comments