Chemin Des Creux, Verbier, Valais, 1936, Switzerland
Splendia.com Expedia.com Travelocity

More about Verbier

My brother and I. New year 2005My brother and I. New year 2005

The famous Jumbo cable carThe famous Jumbo cable car

A lovely snowy cascade...A lovely snowy cascade...

Verbier at nightVerbier at night

Friday Night Outing

by JanetStollery

I am taking 80 people to Verbier on a charity ski weekend next March and need to find an unusual venue for Friday night. In the past in other resorts we have had torchlight ski descents to another village, trips by gondola up to restaurants not normally open in the evening, sleigh rides to restaurants with entertainment. Any ideas please?

RE: Friday Night Outing

by Tripack

Last year, I went with my office colleagues to an altitude restaurant by gondolas located at Savoleyre from Les Mayens-de-Riddes (La Tzoumaz). We enjoyed a cheese fondue, fendant (local white wine) and live music at the evening before to go downhill on sledge at night and were rewarded by a Gluhwein (warm spiced wine) at the arrival. It was great fun. The restaurant could easily hosts 200 people.

I would recommend you to contact the local tourist info, sure they will pleased to organize something for 80 hosts.

Best greetings from the Swiss Alps.

Travel Tips for Verbier

Chocolate

by mcsmiles77

If you have the slightest bit of a sweet-tooth, prepare yourself for a little bit of rich chocolate....well as with this picture...maybe a BIG piece of chocolate. It's the perfect souvenier for people back home.

Mountain bike tours

by Tripack

Verbier region offer more than 200 km of marked routes in a beautiful Alpine scenery.

Bicycles: no charge on cable-cars for the owners of a summer lift ticket

Summer opening lifts:
- Verbier - Les Ruinettes
- Verbier - Tzoumaz
- Le Châble - Verbier

You could challenge also The Grand Raid Cristalp from Verbier to Grimentz (131 km) each year in mid-August.

Verbier in Summer

by nicecharacter

"How? Why? Where?"

Me and my family were invited by one Geneve's nice Private banking company to spend 4 days in Verbier, visiting so called Festival&Academy days. It means that many young talents as well as world masters go to Verbier to perform side-by-side greate classical music concerts. This time main highlights were Anna-Sofi Mutter and Tomas Quasthoff. It was splendid!
So, we left our little boy with my parents and then took a plane and got to Geneve. Despite internet predictions the weather was hot and the sun was shining.

"Then"

Then we took a train, which goes every hour, and got to Martigny, where we've taken a taxi and for 120 CHF got to Verbier. We had quite nice jotel called Vanessa. Ski base style, interior with wood decorated. A bit outdated as, probably, every hotel in Verbier, but nice and very cosy. All the staff was very polite and working as a whole family.

"Stay in Verbier."

As I said the weather was fine. We had short golf courses...

Paragliding (Parapente) in Verbier

by eurotravels

We travelled to Verbier as 3 relatively inexperienced pilots. The two men of the group came back having learnt more than they ever imagined possible. My achievements were on a smaller scale, but never the less I had a fantastic holiday thanks to the team at "Verbier Summits"

New friends setting up (hello Chris and Monica).

One of the few pictures of me flying (I usually had the camera). Here I completely overshot the landing field but the lads were pretty cool about it.

"Not all about flying"

For our lunch break we were taken for a picnic to this spectacular site for a panoramic view of the Grand Combin.

"The accommodation"

We stayed in the accommodation contracted by Verbier Summits for the summer. There can't be a much better garden terrace than this one.

"No rush"

The team exuded a very relaxed atmosphere - as you can see there is not much rushing around for the guests at breakfast (and there was as much good coffee as we could stomach).
Jo's cooking for evening meal was imaginative, healthy and delicious.

"Thanks everyone"

We'd like to thank Jo for the great food and Mike for the kindness he showed me. We had a thrilling time. Hope it's just as good for our repeat visit - we must be the fastest guests to return (at just two months interval) - but maybe not for long once word gets round!!

"September was just as good"

Thanks especially to Mike Belbas for trusting me to launch and land by myself and improving my confidence beyond measure. Cheers mate, hope to see you soon.

Comments