Route de Verbier, Verbier, Switzerland
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

More about Verbier

The Summer HouseThe Summer House

Need to warm up?Need to warm up?

White deathWhite death

Movin on up...Movin on up...

Get to

by nicecharacter

Dear friends, do you know the best (but not too much expensive) way to get to Verbier from Geneva airport? I'm planning to travel with my wife and daughter (6 years)

Re: Get to

by Epitt

Hello,

where do you come from ?

your roundtrip ticket between Geneva airport and Verbier cost CHF 110.40. But you can buy at the airport a Swiss Transfert Ticket. Well, it's cheaper if you come from outside Europe = CHF 94.00. It's more expensive for europeans.

You can check this offer here : http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch

Welcome :o)

Re: Get to

by nicecharacter

it looks that it's right for me: I come ffrom Russia (although I beleive Russians are Europeans either :) ).

Travel Tips for Verbier

Well... It is a SKI town!!!

by africateach

Backpack for carrying stuff Boots
Reg. walking shoes
Ski boots or Snowboard boots
Ski jacket... GORTEX
Ski pants... GORTEX
Longjohns... do people still wear these?
Goggles or sunglasses
Hat or hood
Gloves... water resistant!!! Gortex!!!
Heavy Socks for rental boots
I have a mask, but don't use it unless it is really really nasty on the mountain!!! Suntan lotion... A MUST!!!
Chapstick Camera
Video Camera Advil or Tylenol for after the bars!!! LOL!!!

Xtreme Verbier

by Tripack

Don't even think about it...

Why extreme? Just look up the Bec des Ross peak, you will see some Kamikaze riding down the face avoiding or jumping rocks barriers... of course everything are under control... until the next turn ;-)

Bec des Rosses playground: 3222m, 45°-55° slopes and 500m vertical drop.

Next 11th edition: 17-19 March 2006 to see pro freeriders in fresh powder from the friendly village is set up at the Col des Gentianes (3000 m) just in front of the Bec des Rosses: the perfect place to admire the breathtaking runs of the freeriders.

Paragliding with Verbier Summits

by eurotravels

We've been back to Switzerland again (I know, we're getting predictable!). Haven't done much walking this year, we've taken to the skies instead.
I've only recently obtained my UK licence to paraglide and within the first hour of post qualification flying managed to trash my glider on a barbed wire fence, so confidence was pretty low. Despite that, the team from "Verbier Summits" helped me to get in the air again and enjoying a few 4000 feet top to bottom flights. Marvellous.
My husband had a little more experience and achieved over 20 flights in active thermic conditions - going up hundreds of metres above takeoff rather than the constant downwards flights that we're more used to!. He couldn't believe he could have learnt so much in the first week. Thanks to the team he claims to have had the best 10 days of his life (mmm, wonder where the honeymoon is in the rankings?).
Even if you're not an independent flier look them up as they do spectacular tandem flights for 170CHF, aiming to keep you in the air for over 30 minutes (10-15 is more the norm).
Any non flying guests shouldn't feel left out as there is a good public sports centre in the village and walks of all categories.
Please take a look at the Travelogue (link at the bottom of this page) for more details.

Verbier benefits from a localised microclimate, providing for the sunniest and driest weather in Switzerland (in common with the nearby Rhone valley). We enjoyed a week of solid sunshine, to then arrive back home into the UK to be met by the coldest July day on record.

"Back again September"

Once again we had a wonderful time, my mum and dad flew on a plane for the first time then followed that with tandem flights with Mike. They loved it! All the family enjoyed the walks and local scenery - showing that Verbier is not just about skiing and extreme sports.

Comments