Hotel Villa Palmiera

Via Del Sole 1, Locarno, Lake Maggiore, 6600, Switzerland

More about Locarno

A rocky chairA rocky chair

The Centovalli RoutesThe Centovalli Routes

locarnolocarno

View from trail high above the riverView from trail high above the river

Accomodations in Locarno--July

by dbasss

Can anyone recommend a good budget B&B or pension in Locarno for July?

Re: Accomodations in Locarno--July

by zwieciu

I'd recommend coming to my valley (Verzasca). It's about 45min away from Locarno but the valley itself is really beautiful and the accommodation here is often cheaper than in Locarno. http://www.verzasca.net/accommodation.php for the Verzasca accommodation search.

You can also try the youth hostel in Locarno, it's cheap and very nice.

Travel Tips for Locarno

Scenic Train

by JudyinPA

A very slow ride into the mountains but well worth the trip between Domodossola and Locarno. It is called the Centovalli Line. The villages along the way contain very old stone houses and barns. What a great chance to explore these places. It looks like a scene from hundreds of years ago. This was one of the most scenic and personable train rides we had in Italy and Switzerland. Our house will always recommend this rail trip.

Incredible experience

by ealgisi

Live an exciting experience in the world of birds of prey, observe from near the flight of eagles, hawks and owls in a respectful environment of the animals. Daily from Tuesday to Sunday, birds of prey flight representation and Spanish horseback riding of the duration of 45 min.

Nowadays, professional falconers offer the possibility to see birds of prey performing acrobatic flights, in order to renew an interest in the ancient art of falconry which has been fascinating humanity over the past centuries. During the performance, while the birds are flying, the falconer gives the history of falconry and explains how important birds of prey are to preserve the entire ecosystem.

simply: WAU!!

by laurenzia

I know, I always say that:
"this place is really beautiful... that's most amazing place.. etc"
BUT now I tell that Locarno just might be the most beautiful place I ever been (if you don't count the places in Finland)!!!

I could suppose the reason why I was so amazed is partly because I come from a "flatland" and I haven't seen much places with a real valley etc... But I had been in Swizerland for 2 months before I went to Locarno so...

Comments