Villa Capriasca

Via Biolda, Tesserete, Ticino, 6950, Switzerland

More about Lugano

Cathedral San LorenzoCathedral San Lorenzo

Parco Civico by Lago LuganoParco Civico by Lago Lugano

Street not very far from Piazza della RiformaStreet not very far from Piazza della Riforma

Villa Ciani - side viewVilla Ciani - side view

Digital camera lost in Lugano -> ?

by greenspot

Almost two weeks ago I was visiting in Lugano and lost my digital camera
.I would like to know are there any 'lost & found'
centers in this city or maybe an internet forum where I could post an
announcement about my loss ( maybe somebody found it). Maybe you do know something like that?

RE: Digital camera lost in Lugano -> ?

by Tripack

Usually in Switzerland local police stations collect lost objects. If lost in any public transportation try to the local FFS/SBB railway stations. Good luck.

Re: Digital camera lost in Lugano -> ?

by nick4369

Hi,

I was also in Lugano but near the end of May. We stopped on our Insight Vacations Tour for the day. My Black money case that I usually wear around my belt was taken from me. In it contained passport, credit cards, and 100 Euros along with other items valuable to me.

I filed a police report with the help of my tour guide at the Police Station there reporting my passport lost along with the money belt.

I believe (personally) that it was stolen by the man who rents out the paddle boats along the the main road at the shore of the lake when he was showing me how to steer the boat. Either that or it fell into the water.... but I think it was the man.

If you have any information of how I can find my item (through a lost and found or whatever), please let me know!!! I need that black waste belt back!! (even if it's empty!)... I will help you also if I find any information.

Thanks

Nick

Travel Tips for Lugano

Lugano Tip

by sabsi

We woke up in our flat at Thuner See and it was raining heavily. We decided to go to Ticino because we thought it might not rain there.

Well we went on a three hour drive, passed a few mountain passes in the pouring rain and thunderstorms, went through the Gotthard tunnel and expected to come out and the rain had stopped....only to come out of the tunnel and it was the same weather - getting even worse.

When we arrived in Locarno the streets were flooded and we could hardly drive. We went into the carpark and thought we never want to go out here again - came outside ... and it stopped!! Within 5 minutes it was really warm and sunny - and on the radio we heard later that in Locarno there was more rain in 10 mts that day than normally in all August.

WHAT TO DO ?

by nygaston

FOR A WALK WITH ME:
Go to Monte San Salvatore
Altitude: 912 M
Good viw on the lake, Lugano and moutains...

FOR A DRINK:

NIGHT
The Corso : movies
Etnic: coktail
Vanini: ice cream

Although Lugano is a verging...

by sarahkathryn

Although Lugano is a verging on a city by Swiss standards, it is a small town in anyone else's books, and doesn't offer a huge selection of night life. My recommendations are to pick on of the several small bars and cafes lining the streets and relax. We went to two clubs, Square and Desperado's. Neither were particularly great, though saying that they weren't absolutely dire either (apart from the prices of drinks)!

If you want night life go there for Estival Jazz, see it's own spot.

Lugano has some very nice...

by naranja

Lugano has some very nice restaurants, but you shouldn't miss eating at a grotto. A grotto is a simple restaurant, very often with stone tables and benches, mostly outdoors under trees. Wonderful cool in the summertime! As the place is simple, so are the meals. You almost always find polenta (made from corn) or risotto on the menue. If you are lucky you might find one where they still cook them in a copper pot on the fire in the fireplace. Some of the typical local dishes to come with the polenta are wild mushrooms in a wonderful butter and garlic flavored sauce or a roast simmered in wine for many hours (brasato)or try the quail, my favored! The tasty merlot wine is served in a boccalino, a special ceramic cup.

Villa Ciani

by draguza

Villa Ciani" is situated in the middle of Parco Ciani and also hosts the art-museum of Lugano, and its garden, embellished by an ornament of white flowers. From there one has a nice view on the monumental Monte San Salvatore and the coastline of the city of Lugano.
For all those who like Mediterranean flora and want to take romantic pictures in a quiet environment, we strongly recommend a visit also in autumn and winter!

Comments