Hotel B�¤ren Suhr

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

More about Aarau

Am GrabenAm Graben

Train.Train.

Great views in Aarua.Great views in Aarua.

The river Aare.The river Aare.

Travel Tips for Aarau

All around the Graben

by sinoda

The Graben is a street that goes in a semi-circle around the old town of Aarau. It divides the old from the newer part of the city.

So, inside it there are merely private and small boutiques which have their own flair. The ones outside are bigger markets and shops. Although I went here to high school I do have quite good memories about the city.

It is here I meet my old class mates when I every once in while fly in and check the situation.

Aarau

by a5floor

16 May 2007

At 2.19pm my mom and I took the bus to the trainstation. When we arrived there, we bought our train ticket. After that we had to wait about 15 minutes before we took the train to Schiphol Airport. We arrived there at 4.15pm. I couldn't check in right away (check in was from 5.10pm). So, my mom and I went to the restaurant for dinner. After dinner we went to check in desk. Now I could check in. I went straight thourgh customs. First I went to buy some Swiss Francs. After that I bought a memory stick of 2G for my digital camera. I was really happy I got this one as I could take 1275 pictures with the new pictures (instead of the 82 pictures of my 'old' ones). Now I walked slowly to the gate. I sat down by a big window to watch the other planes go by. After a while I went to the gate. And I could go in there right away. The plane was fully booked. The plane departed from 8pm. Because we had tailwind, we were going pretty fast. At 9pm we arrived at Zurich Airport. At 9.30pm I bought my train ticket to Aarau. The train left at 9.43pm. I arrived in Aaray at 22.27pm. I waited for a minute before my former penpal picked me up. Her house was anly 5 minutes walk away from the train station. At her house I gave her my presents. Which she liked. After an hour we went to bed.

17 May 2007

This morning we thought of going out of bed at 8am, but my former penpal didn't put the alarm right. So, now we were only out of bed around 8.40am. We had about half an hour for dressing up and having breakfast before we took the train. At 9.30am we sat in the train to Schaffhausen. We arrived there at 10.30am. Then we took the bus to the Rheinfall. This is the highest waterfall of Europe. It was really great to be there. So much water and power... We walked around for a couple of hours. We also had lunch up there. At a certain time we took the boat to the other side. Up here we got pretty close to the waterfall. After a while we took the train to the city of Schaffhausen. Up there we walked a bit along the many different and painted houses. Which was really interested. After a while we went to the train and went to the central station of Zurich. In Zurich we walked around. We went to see the 2 towers that are the main attraction of this city. These towers are really amazing to see. At a bridge you had a great view over the city. At 4.30pm we took the train back to Aarau. We arrived there at 5.30pm. Back at my former penpals house, my former penpal made dinner for us. Which was really yummie! After dinner we just watched some tv. Around 10.15pm we went to bed.

18 May 2007

This morning I went out of bed at 7.30am. My former penpal went to work today. At 8.30am I walked to the train station. The train came along so I went straight into the train. The train left to Bern after a few minutes. After 40 minutes I arrived in Bern. At the central station there is a Tourist Information Centre. Up there I asked for a city map (which I got). I walked along the main tourist route in the inner-city. Which was really interested. You will see a lot of fountains and clocks. I had a great day up here. Also had great weather (sunny). At 4.40pm I went back to Aarua. I arrived there at 5.30pm. I walked to the appartment of my former penpal. I waited there for about an hour before my former penpal arrived home. My former penpal made dinner for as again. After dinner we watched tv.

19 May 2007

This morning we stood up pretty early, about 7.05am. We took the train of 8.05am. Via Olten and Lucerne we went up to Mount Titles. It took us about 3.5 hours to get up. At the top we had this magnificent views. It was sunny this day. And it was so brilliant!! I took quite a lot of pictures here. It is sooo amazing to be on top of the mountain (as we don't have mountains in the Netherlands). I was so excited to be there. :) Me and my former penpal both had a great time up there. We were so lucky that we had great weather. Around 1.30pm we went down, to Lucerne. In Lucerne we walked around the famous bridge. After a while we went to the trainstation. Up there we had dinner. At 7.45pm we took the train to Aarau where we arrived at 8.30pm.

20 May 2007

This was my last day in Switzerland. I woke up at 8.15am. Me and my penpal walked around in Aarau. Along the river and to the inner-city. At Starbucks we had a drink and my penpal showed me her pictures of her trip to Malta.
I took the train of 2.32pm to the Airport of Zurich (said goodbye of my penpal). I got there around 3.30pm. I walked straight to the check in desk. After 15 minutes I was all checked in. I went for dinner. After that I went to the gate were I had to wait till 5pm before I departed to Amsterdam. I arrived in Amsterdam at 6.50pm.

Comments