The Basel Card - good value for your money
The Basel card is a way to save money, if you want to see something of Basel and its surroundings, as well as some of the attractions.
More than 80 attractions for free or with a reduction.
There are these:
• Free entrance to 25 museums (regular exhibitions)
• Reductions on special exhibitions
• Free entrance to the Basel Zoo (that alone would be about 12 SFr per adult)
• 30% reduction on car rental (not so necessary in Basel, we have a very good public transport)
• Free city sightseeing tours
• Free ferry boat rides (a definite must!)
• Reductions on theatre tickets
• Free entrance to the garden swimming pools (St. Jakob, Eglisee, Bachgraben ...)
• Reductions at concerts and discotheques
• Reductions at 26 of Basel restaurants
• Discounts at various shops in Basel
• Reductions on boat trips and taxi fares
• Reduction on wellness offers
(Note thatt they don't include the public transport here, but there is an offer including it, or you can buy day cards)
Price for adults (Status Sep 2006): 24 hrs: 20 swiss francs, 48hrs: 27 .-, 72 hrs: 35.-
Price for children: 24 hrs: 10.-, 48hrs: 13.50.-, 72 hrs: 17.50.-
(all info taken from the website of Basel tourismus):
http://www.baseltourismus.ch/opencms/opencms/bstour/english/angedienst/produkte/baselcard/index.html Where doI get this card?
You can obtain the BaselCard at Basel Tourismus, at the EuroAirport or at some hotels and museums.
In the Stadtcasino, at the Barfüsserplatz
Steinenberg 14, CH-4010 Basel
Mo–Fr 8.30 a.m. – 6.30 p.m., Sa 10.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Sundays and holidays 10.00 a.m. – 4 p.m.
In the SBB train station, CH-4010 Basel
Mo–Fr 8.30 a.m. – 6.30 p.m., Sa/Su 9.00 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Closed on holidays
At the EuroAirport Basel, Service Center Floor 2 (arrival)
Mo–Su 5.30 a.m. –12.00 a.m.
For online reservation and information
Basel Tourismus, Incoming Services
Aeschenvorstadt 36, 4010 Basel
Tel. +41 (0)61 268 68 58, Fax +41 (0)61 268 68 70