Haupstrasse 15, Grindelwald, Jungfrau Region, 3818, Switzerland

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Sunstar Hotel Grindelwald

Pleasant Friendly Hotel Wanted

by Adagio1

We will have a small group of 14 persons wanting to stay in Grindelwald for 3 nights from 10 May. My favourite hotel, Hotel Bernerhof is closed so any suggestions for a similar hotel at Grindelwald that would be open? This is for 2011. I know it's a long way off, fortunately, as it is amazing what is booked out for this year. Makes you wonder if there was a financial recession.

by riorich55

My wife and I didn't get up to Grindelwald, but if your plans change and you stay in the Lauterbrunnen Valley I would recommend Hotel Oberland.

by rexvaughan

Wal, we stayed at the Sunstar and it was great. I think it is a 4 star so may be pricey. Also it has been many years ago, but here is a link to the TA reviews of it: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188080-d232997-Reviews-Sunstar_Hotel_Grindelwald-Grindelwald_Jungfrau_Region_Bernese_Oberland_Swiss_Alps.html

by vpas

Hey Wal,
Good to know that you are going to Switzerland.We stayed at Hotel Bel Air Eden which is just outside the train station in Grindelwald.It is clean,comfortable and the people running it are very helpful.check out my pages.I will surely recommend this place.
have a good trip and regards to Pat.

by Adagio1

Thanks Rich, Rex & Seetha. All good info but are the hotels open? Seetha I know of the Hotel Bel Air Eden so will email them now. Lauterbrunnen Valley is great but I think you have to leave the vehicles at a central garage which may be awkward with a group.

by riorich55

They actually have parking for Hotel Oberland just on the other side of the steet and not the car park near the train station. I took a couple of pictures from the balcony of our room and I'm pretty sure in one of them you can see the space to park. You can check this out on my Lauterbrunnen page. From what I remember when we were there the Hotel Oberland closes for several weeks from Mid October to Mid November.

by riorich55

I just checked my pages and the parking area is shown in the General Tips area of my Lauterbrunnen page. If you also click on the link from my Lauterbrunnen Hotel Tips the Hotel Oberland has a picture of it also. The restaurant there was also very good.

by Adagio1

Hotel Bel Air Eden was closed so I am trying the Derby. If if have no luck in Grindelwald I will move on to Lauterbrunnen which may be a bit pricey for this group. They must really sock it to the skiers if they can close up during late spring. Thanks again for all your help.

by riorich55

Another option would be apartments. When I was researching for my trip I ran across VT member kathymof who stayed in an apartment in Lauterbrunnen. Since you are planning so far in advance they may have the whole place available for your group. Check her page for more info.

Comments