Hotel Blume Interlaken

Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Hotel Blume Interlaken

InterlakenInterlaken

InterlakenInterlaken

Oberhofen castle gardensOberhofen castle gardens

Lake ThunLake Thun

Hotel Blume

by Poida

Hi Guys,
Can anyone give me any info on Hotel Blume in Interlaken? it is supposedly right in the heart of town but that's all i know about it.

Or can anyone suggest a nicer cheaper place to stay in Interlaken?

Thanks!

RE: Hotel Blume

by bianchis

Here is the internet site which gives you all the information

RE: Hotel Blume

by donpoe

Do you have a car? If so, I STRONGLY suggest the Hotel Gloria in Beatenberg. This is a sunny, shelf town just north of Interlaken. Interlaken is a bit of a zoo and thus many people using the trains stay in the nearby town of Wilderswil. More on the area in general if you'd like.

Don Poe
Charlotte, NC, USA

Interlaken stay

by Rohini123

We are staying in Hotel Blume in interlaken on 10-12th nov.How is the hotel?Which is the cheapest nearest supermarket of interlaken?Are there any children playparks nearby?How convinient it is to travel to Jungfrau from interlaken without a stroller for my 4 year son?What are the nearby places to see in interlaken?

Re: Interlaken stay

by SKeerthi

Hi !

WEhad travelled to Jungfrau last yr with my 15 month old child. I personally feel that u could very easily handle the kid without a stroller..for one..while out in teh snow the strollers cannot be used.

There are quite a few supermarkets there in Interlaken adn they are not very expensive..however water is extremely expensive !

And reg. places nearby - we went to the Trumblebach falls, St. Beatus Caves, Speinz,

Have a gr8 trip,

- Keerthi

Lodging

by Splicer

We will be in Interlaken april 28-april 30. My wife and I would like to stay in a mid to upper priced hotel (not the most expensive) but want to enjoy the ambiance of the region. We will be coming in by train from Romanshorn and wish to go up the Schilthorn (I am a wire rope specialist in the U.S. working for Fatzer AG in Romanshorn and will be meeting with the personnel at the tram). Can anyone recommend a hotel for us?
Thanks

RE: Lodging

by Agraichen

I wish I could recall the B&B in Interlaken...long time ago...but my room looked out on the waterfall...as for your rope habits....my daughter recently tooka "canyoning experience" on the Jungfrau. A bit of climbing, a bit of repelling, and a bit of swimming.. it sounded like fun.

RE: Lodging

by deepav

Hi,

We were in Interlaken exactly two weeks ago and stayed at Hotel Blume (cost us 110 CHF per day). It is close to the Interlaken West Station and is in the middle of a very busy downtown (during the day). This is a 2* hotel and is not the best but we found it suitable for our needs. You can check them out at

Have a great trip!
deepa

Travel Tips for Interlaken

Looking for the Swiss equivalent of Leperachauns

by Ekaterinburg

Unfortunately, most travellers are tourists at heart and just as people from abroad come to Ireland seeking leperachauns, other people go to Switzerland looking for cows with bells. In Gimmelwald I smelt cows very pungently and could hear their bells ringing in the distance but I didn't see them. Faced with the prospect of going home without a photo of cow with bell ( equivalent to leaving Copenhagen without a pic of the Little Mermaid), I was seriously depressed. Plus, I really love cows and enjoy photographing them. However, just outside Interlaken the day was saved and a splendid herd of cows, all with bells jingling, looked up from their grazing beside the river. I'm not sure how comfortable those large bells are for the poor cows and perhaps the constant noise drives them crazy but it does make a lovely picture. Mooooooo !

Swiss Efficiency

by Ekaterinburg

Forget about stereotypes and cliches, Swiss systems and people actually are as efficient as you have heard. Over and over again I was blown away by the wonders of the transport system. Trains and buses which arrive ON TIME. Connecting buses always waiting when you get off the train. Especially helpful to the English speaking traveller are the announcements before trains arrive, telling you which part of the platform to stand on, depending on which type of ticket you hold. My favourite example of this streamlining of schedules is the return trip from Gimmelwald to Interlaken.

7.00: Cable car to Stechelberg

7.10: Bus from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen

7.30: Train from Lauterbrunnen to Interlaken

7.55: Arrive at Interlaken Ost

To somebody fresh from the vagaries of the Irish transport system, this efficency was all the more amazing and it makes travelling a pleasure. Well done Switzerland !

The photo below shows a tiny exception but as we all know exceptions prove the rule

Cows here, there and everywhere

by Manara

This is actually more a curiosity than a tradition or cultural thing.
Cows are certainly important in the economic life of Switzerland and they are very much present in the local landscape. By the way, here cows are not only seen but also heard, because of the cow-bells which, I assure you, are noisy enough. Anyway the noise has its advantages, because face-to-face meetings with cows are never unexpected, as you can hear them approaching.
Cows are one of the symbols of Switzerland so it is rather common to find them represented in embroidered towels, carved in wood, on mugs, on table-mats and on t-shirts. However I was taken by surprise when I saw the house decoration I am showing you in my picture.

What you Cannot Forget

by besbel

If you are going to practice adventure sports, it'd be better that you bring all your equipment with you. Switzerland is expensive, so it would be a great saving! Always a couple of water-ressistant shoes, and an extra pair of tennis shoes. Needless to mention the raincoat and an umbrella, You do not know when the rain is going to get you. Also an extra camera. While touring the Trümmelbachfälle, the flash of my Kodak had problems to turn on because of the coldness inside. At the end, the flash went out of order, and I could just take a couple of pics from inside. I do not know if that happens with all cameras, but be ready for an inconvenience like that.

Watch Crazy Birds playing around!!!

by Tripack

Interlaken International Airport is invaded once a year by an acrobatic Air Race...

I am not particulary fan of this kind of event as in the Swiss army my job is the anti-aircraft defence... no just kidding. We had a polemic about the opportunity to held this show in the heart of Alps due to additional noise and pollution about this air race. As I win to a competition a get free ticket not miss this amazing aerial ballet.

So on July the 15th 2007, I was welcome in Interlaken Ost by a wonderful sunny day with warm temperature (30°C) for the show. The attendance was also in the rendez-vous not as much as the organizers waited for about 140'000 - we were (hopefully) the half around 70'000... Yep I was worried about the access to the show as our local Swiss train company forcasted until 3hours of waiting time... at the end no waiting time, you just need to anticipate... I manage to left Interlaken by boat (see my to do tip).

The principle of the air race is to slalom between cones not higher than 20m by executing acrobatic figures and other looping and the all as fast as possible. Between the qualyfing and final session, I will reward by the Bretling Jet Team, the RB acrobatic team, base jump from helpicopter and other free fall kamikaze ;-)

Comments