Landhotel Golf Interlaken

Landhotel Golf
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

Rated 11% higher but also costs 60% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Interlaken

Part of the parkPart of the park

3 peaks3 peaks

Grimsel PassGrimsel Pass

Oberhofen castle gardensOberhofen castle gardens

Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald?

by dobrovod

I'm thinking about taking my family on an early January trip to Interlaken for a week. I visited Grindelwald earlier this year and particularly enjoyed the sled-ride down the hill along with some cross-country skiing in the valley. Please let me know which one of these three locations would be best for a family with a preschool child? We're looking to do cross-country skiing, sled-riding, and just enjoying the local shops and cafes.

Also, what is the most efficient way to get from Interlaken to Grindelwald? We'll be driving down to our lodging by vehicle.

Thank you.

by riorich55

To get from Interlaken to Grindelwald take the train to Lauterbrunnen and then another mountain train to Grindelwald.

by Mikebb

We recently had 4 nights in Lauterbrunnen, just fantastic. I would recommend you stay there as it is the hub for trains to the other villages up the mountains. A chairlift operates from Lauterbrunnen. Interlaken is approx 15 minutes by train from Lauterbrunnen

by K_V_B

"You will be driving down to your lodging by vehicle". So you have already decided you're coming by car. Well, once in Interlaken you can indeed choose to just leave it there (although even better would to just leave it home altogether) and make use of the efficient train system.

Travel Tips for Interlaken

Hiking in the Bernese Alps

by Paul2001

I came to Bernese Alps primarily to take in the hiking. I found this most rewarding but I did run into some problems. I arrived in "shoulder season" or late May. Apparently the mountain paths are hit or miss when it comes to them being opened at this time of the year and for the most part I missed. What I mean by this is that some of the height altitude paths can still be covered with snow. Sadly many of the paths I wanted to hike still were. This was because April in Switzerland was very snowy and hence a slow melt. I still got in a fair amount of hiking in but I had opened to get in some higher altitudes. The scenery, when the mountains are snow capped like this, is stunning. As I said, I could not get up to high into the mountains but when these Alps are covered with snow, they are very impressive.

A Nice Place to Walk

by NateWill22

Each morning my family would get up and go for a walk down on the paths that go along the river. It was very relaxing, especially becuase there weren't any other tourists! We seemed to have to place to ourselves.

Local traditions

by Steve-H

The Swiss are very proud of thier heritage and as a neutral country they can indulge in it as much as they like without fear of upsetting some minority or other, however they are also a very unoffensive lot, who could be upset by the walking of the cows through the town.

fresh drinking-water galore

by globetrott

All over Switzerland and especially in the mountains you will pass by plenty of such water-wells ! Just fill up your water-bottles, the water comes freshly out of the mountains and tastes really great. Of course you may buy bottled water also in the supermarkets and in machines at all of the stations, but the price is at least 2 sfr / 1,50 euros for half a liter and the taste is not really special compared to the fresh mountain-water you may get for free.
Don't worry all of these wells are ment for public use, and the water that is not taken by the hikers will flow back to the mountains !!

Tandem Paragliding

by riorich55

Let me preface this tip by saying first, I am not a roller coaster fan and I absolutely refuse to ride on a ferris wheel. I mention this because I've talked to a number of people via VT correspondance and people I work with who love roller coasters and ferris wheels but would never think about doing this. Phobias are an interesting thing.

That being said, when I first saw information on tandem paragliding while searching the internet last year and watching several videos of other people from 5 year old to 80 year olds do this I figured this was something my wife and I could both do. After we signed up and started to take the van up, up, up into the mountains we were a little nervous, but after a few pointers we were off for our 12 minute flight over Interlaken. It was really peaceful and the views were outstanding.

As the 2 pictures show we had a great time with our flight instructors, Alain and Ruben. And if you want to see more of our flight check out this VIDEO which shows Sue taking off with Alain and then the view I had when I was in the air.

The company we used was Skywings although there were 4 other companies who offered paragliding rides when we were there in October, 2008.

Comments