Hotel Victoria Ritter

Belle Epoque Hotel Victoria
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 43% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Kandersteg

I definitely sensed a herd mentality...I definitely sensed a herd mentality...

Sagenweg InfoSagenweg Info

Oeschinenlake from Unter-Oberbärgli areaOeschinenlake from Unter-Oberbärgli area

Oeschinenlake areaOeschinenlake area

OECHINNENSEA

by KANIA

COULD ANYONE TELL ME THE NAME OF THE B&B ON TH WEST SIDE , ABOVE THE LAKE, IT HAS AN OUT DOOR PATIO WITH RED TABLES. YEARS AGO THEY HAD A GERMAN SHEPARD DOG NAMED TINA. I WANT TO STAY WITH THEM, BUT CANT REMEMBER THE NAME. I WALKED TO IT
FROM THE CHAIRLIFT.IT FACED THE HUGE MOUNTAINS AND WATERFALLS. CAN ANYONE HELP?
THANKS. EVE

by AlmostSwiss

Hi Kania,

Pretty sure it has to be either the Hotel Oeschinensee (http://www.oeschinensee.ch/impressionen/sommer_en/13/)

Or the Berghaus am Oeschinensee

Good luck... hope you find it. They both look beautiful!

by MARGITKA

Thank You ! Eve

by AlmostSwiss

Actually, thank you!
Having looked over the website for the area (Kandersteg in general) we have decided to make a trip there this summer too.

Travel Tips for Kandersteg

your neighbors

by arasnosliw

Ahh, set out for a hike in Berneroberland, and the only neighbors you'll encounter tend to not bathe, have smelly breath, and be a bit hairier. That's because they only species you'll run into in Berneroberland's vast wilderness are of the non-human kind.

While hiking up to a glacier, I took a break in a nice grassy field full of grazing cows. They seemed pretty harmless, but as soon as I neared their vicinity, the moo's became incessantly louder and they started to snort the way horses do. Not particularly wanting to be mauled to death by a cow in the middle of nowhere, I made the wise decision to back away and continue eating my snack.

Just be careful, watch your step, cow pies are your number one enemy.

Nice hotel

by truus_s

On ours walk we see this nice hotel ..and we eat soup there!!Here is no light alone candlelight..also on the wc..

adres.Fam.Ryter and Aellig

Gasterntal .CH-3718 KANDERSTEG
Tel.033/751273...

Kanton Bern

by arasnosliw

Kandersteg lies in the Swiss state of Kanton Bern/Canton Berne. This is the 2nd largest state of Switzerland and is home to Bern, the capital. Both German and French are official languages.

Kandersteg itself lies just a couple hours south of Bern, within the Bernese Oberland region. The mountain range, the Bernese Alps, dominate the region. At 1176 m, it is an ideal base for hiking the mountains.

Kandersteg Valley View

by sandysmith

Kandersteg is a sprawled out mountain town nestling in the broad Kander valley with its convenient train access from Spiez at one end and through the tunnel to Brig at the other end. From the vantage point of our descent of the Allmenalp (one of the alpine pastures above the town) we got a good view of Kandersteg and its valley.

A Discovery

by Rhondaj

One day we mistakenly left a piece of bread out on the balcony. When we got home there were these cute little chickadee like birds nibbling on it. Except they were more of an olive green color, and much shyer than chickadees I know.

So I spent the rest of the week leaving them out a piece of bread each morning. I wasted too much time trying to photograph these shy, but quick birds! The only way I could catch a photo was with the door shut, so I have a glass reflection.

I wonder if they miss their daily bread?

Comments