Hotel Baeren

Booking.com Expedia.com

Tags

Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Hiking and Walking
See Amenities

Best place to stay in Wengen!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 25, 2012

We chose this hotel based on other reviews and were not disappointed! We stayed 3 nights at the end of June. The staff is so friendly and make you as comfortable as they can. We had to leave before breakfast and they made us a little bag to take. We didn't expect that and felt bad that they made us a bag after the kitchen closed. Since I am talking about food, I highly suggest eating all your meals here. They are out of this world. We didn't know what to expect so we opted to not have dinner included when we booked. Big mistake! Luckily you can tell them 24 hours I. Advance that you want to eat there. It a great deal to get the half board. Switzerland is so expensive. If you choose to eat somewhere else you will end up paying at least 20franks more per person and the food won't be as good. They don't have dinner on Sunday nights because they need some rest.
The rooms are very nice and recently remodeled. We didn't know what to expect after staying at hotel in Luzern. This place is much nicer! The bathrooms are very clean as well. You have a choice as to weather or not you want your room serviced. I think that is wonderful option. I have always felt that there is no need to get new towels and sheets after one night. They still come in to empty the trash and make sure you have toilet paper. We had a room with a balcony with a lovely view. The balcony particion doesn't fully divide you from your neighbors but you still feel like it is private and I imagine that it is nice if you have friends next to you. You can squeeze through to their balcony.

Another benifit is that they have free work in the rooms. In addition they have a computer in the lobby and 3 e-pads that guests can use. We are sad to leave the hotel and this area! I definitly recommend staying here if you plan on visiting Wengen

Unique Quality: The food is out of this world! Free work. Amazing hospitality.

Directions: Easy downhill walk from the train station.

Greggor58's Profile Photo

Great Little Hotel...Half Board Included

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 3, 2010

I found this smallish hotel on the internet and started corresponding with them as soon as I had tentative dates set for my visit to Wengen.
They were quick to respond and offered accurate information, I soon learned that they were a family run operation and quite easy to deal with.

I booked a single room for two nights and a single for a friend that was accompanying me overnight to the area.
All of the staff that I encountered was quite pleasant to interact with and courteous and efficient at all times. All of the staff that I spoke with spoke English well and of course German and French were also spoken here.

The room was on the top floor (three stories) and offered a view through a small window that provided good ventilation as there was no air conditioning here. The room was on the small side but clean with modern furniture and easy access to a shared washroom. A small television that wasn’t turned on at all and a telephone were features of the room. The bed was comfortable and it was a restful two nights sleep that I had here. The hotel offers wifi and provides one computer terminal in an area just off the reception area on the main floor and free internet access.

My rate was 130.00 SF per night and included in that price were both breakfast and dinner all taxes included.

The indoor dining area was well decorated with large heavy wooden furniture and a large outdoor terrace provided a view of the lower lying buildings in the village surrounding the hotel.

Unique Quality: The breakfasts were pretty standard with breads, cheeses, meats, grains, juices and yogurts, all pretty standard fare.

The dinners on the other hand were quite amazing, prepared by the owner, and a menu that changed daily it seemed. Both nights that I stayed here the menu was quite different and included for starters a soup, a salad, a main course, and a desert.

The food here was in fact exceptional and the fact that it was included in the nightly rate made it all so easy.

I was more than happy with my accommodation and my stay at the Hotel Baren was quite enjoyable. I would definitely stay here again.

Nearby Hotel Baeren

• Pets Allowed
  • Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet

Wengen Travel Forum

Need advice about Wengen, Switzerland? Visit the Travel Forum for Wengen and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Wengen hotel reviews