Flair Hotel Beau Sejour

Good For No Data

Travel Tips for Davos Platz

DAVOS A BEATIFUL PLACE TO BE

by wolink

We have made a day walking tour from the Clavalder Alp to the Jacobshorn. The Claverder Alp has a altitude of 2000 m and the Jacobshorn is about 2600 m high.
It ws a nice trip but the weather was not so good the Jacobshorn where in the clouds so the view where not so good as you see

swizzlies and snow

by deedeechi

davos... was ridiculous. at the tail end of our swiss vacay, our friend, nico, informed us that he was going to take us to his cabin in davos, so we could have a weekend of skiing. first of all, this was not just a cabin, it was a lodge-emmaculate and stylish.

we had a traditional meal of rachlette...oh so good, and swizzlies, the best cider, only sold in davos. we headed to bed early because we had a huge day of skiing ahead of us.

the next day nico fitted us in our snow attire. everyone got regular snowboarding apparal, and were all set, but when it came to me, there was nothing that nico's 5'9'' statuesque mother had for a 5'1'' quasi-midget, like myself. i settled for the 80's tight ass ski bib, and huge faux-fur jacket. hot huh? however, my garb was the last thing on my mind, i was about to ski one of switzerlands best resorts. when we got to the slopes nico handed me my skiis and boots. again his mothers size 9 foot and 170 skiis, were an odd match for my size 5 , 120s. needless to say i had a blast, skiing in the most amazing powder of my life. the views were picturesque and the snow was velvety soft. p.s everyone in switz is nearly a professional skiing, i swear we were there on the olympic qualifers. people, including children 5 and under whizzed past me elegantly manuvering through the perfectly structured mogols. (those moguls are so indicative of the swiss people who carve them, perfect!) as i fly down the mountain like a wild banchi, due to my skis that were fit for shaq. i didnt mind though, i was honestly in heaven. as the sun began to fall we skiied down our last run to the lodge that was bumping music. young people littered the patio, laying on lounges and sipping on beer. oh man, my shangri-la. we notice tons of people surrounding a log with a nail in it. they were gathered around with a hammer in attempts to smash the anil completely into the log with one stroke, odd swiss game. it was a blast though. after the slopes we hit the bars for apreski ...an after party for everyone whose been on the mountain all day.... yowza that was a fun night.

Comments