Chesa Spuondas

Restaurant at MuraglRestaurant at Muragl

Travel Tips for Saint Moritz

Glazier Express

by ChristaV

We took the Glazier Express from Zermatt to St Moritz and what a fantastic experience this was. On our way down it was a lovely sun-shine day and you could really enjoy the landscapes passing by. Although I was a bit dissapointed with there being no snow as we got close to St Moritz, we were delighted to enjoy the same scenery two days later all covered in snow.

Sils and Fex Valley

by german_eagle

Sils is one of my favourite villages in the Engadine. Its location is extremely beautiful: between two lakes, right on the entrance of the marvellous Fex valley. Sils is probably the "cultural centre" of the Engadine. Famous writers, musicians, artists etc. used to stay there (Nietzsche, Thomas Mann, Hermann Hesse, Marcel Proust to name a few). Every year many cultural events take place there to keep this spirit alive. Don't miss the Nietzsche museum!

Also, the Fex valley is a must see. A lush, green valley, walled by huge mountains (P. Tremoggia 3441 m) and glaciers, famous for its alpine flowers and with picturesque hamlets. It is a paradise for hiking, mountainbiking, rides with the horse drawn carriages and for cross-country skiing in winter. Have a look at the frescos in the little chapel Fex-Crasta and enjoy a blueberry cake in the cosy restaurant/pension Cresta nearby.

Ritzy St.Moritz

by Alikatt

"spring skiing"

I visited good friends who just moved to Zurich from Miami. Talk about a huge cultural and athmospheric difference! We all went up to St. Moritz for some fun in the snow for the week of the Lent holiday. Needless to say, the slopes were packed with Euro and Swiss visitors. I think I am the only one who came all the way from San Francisco to ski in this area though. I usually go up to Tahoe or ski in Whistler, Canada at this time. We enjoyed skiing in Corviglia the most. It has a huge capacity gondola that takes people up to 6,500 feet plus. Even though it was spring time, the snow was excellent and that first day up there, the sun was shining throughout the day - it made for fantastic runs and good apres skiing as well. Lift tickets averaged $35/day. I loved that fact that the pass is electronically scanned at all entry points. The pass has a smart chip and rests on your pocket without having to be hung on your neck or be taken out. That's Swiss efficiency at work there with the aid of technology, of course. Another bonus is that you get a SF10 refund if you return the pass at the end of your adventures in the snow.

"no time for shopping but if you do..."

2 Prada stores no less, Gucci, Pucci, papparazzi, Pomelatto, Bulgari, fur & leather and you can shop in one street till you drop if you haven't already exhausted yourself on the slopes and drank enough gluwein... I only took a photo and saved my Swiss francs

"party time in Zurich!"

We went a beautiful restaurant on the lake then to "the club" of choice. I was told that in the summer time, people sunbathe on the decks and moor their motorcraft on the small pier. Unfortunately, I forgot the names. of the restaurant and club. I shall post it later if can recall it. Better yet, I will ask my friends who took me there...

Comments