4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Art Deco Hotel Montana Luzern
Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Lucerne's best hotel

The view from this hotel is beautiful. The service is great and the rooms are very comfortable.
    The meals you can eat there are so delicious.

Unique Quality: There is a wonderful terrace around the hotel you can sit there and relaxing when the sun is shining, You can see a great view, there is a beautiful lake and the mountains look amazing.

• luther93's Profile Photo

My favorite Europe Hotel!

We stayed at the Hotel Montana over the American Thanksgiving holiday and found it to be one of the most enjoyable places we have ever stayed on our world travels. The staff was superb, breakfast excellent, and the views!! We booked a room with a view of Lake Lucerne. The room was very spacious and had every modern convienence one would expect from a luxury hotel. The hotel bar was an absolute blast with terrific music. Located close to the port, it was very easy to access both Rigi and Pilatus. I cannot wait to return.

Unique Quality: Great location. Spacious rooms. Views of the Lake. Entertainment at the bar.

• Veghel's Profile Photo

Tastefully refurbished in old style

Art Deco Hotel Montana is a first class hotel, tastefully refurbished in old style. All rooms are excellent: clean, spacy, beautiful furniture and most of them with stunning views on Lucerne and its Lake. The restaurant of Montana is excellent too. We had our Chistmas Eve dinner over there, with good live music and a superb atmosphere. Look for a last minute deal on http://www.luzern.ch.

Directions: Just outside the shopping area, close to the Casino.

More about Art Deco Hotel Montana

Wonderful Hotel with great view of the lake and Alps.

by TripAdvisor Member GreenBay_WITraveler2

we spent two nights at the Art Deco Hotel Montana. Our room, which faced the lake and mountains, was large and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet, which was included with the room, was good. A cable card is available to get to the lower road and lake. From there it is a short walk to old town. We were in Lucerne during the music festival which was food, drink, and music. If we return to Lucerne, we would definitely stay at the Hotel Montana.

One of the Best Hotels I have ever stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Blim_Hunter

A number of years ago I stayed in the Montana, on business, at that time the hotel was undergoing a refurbishment, which is now complete and the hotel is even better.

It' s not cheap, but worth the money, even the basic rooms are beautifully appointed, clean with a breath-taking view ( as long as you you pay the extra and get a lake side room), breakfast is typically included (try the muesli and avoid the bacon!)

The hotel is about 1.5KM outside of the old town so if you are of restricted mobility there is a bit of a walk, however this walk is along by the lake in the shadow of Pilatus and again is spectacular in it's beauty.

Lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member triplov

After read some review from Tripadvisor. I decided to book this hotel directly via montana website. I book 4 nights from 04 MAY until 08 MAY 2007. So, they gave me 10% discount for 4 nights, and additional 20% for sunday night.

You must stay yourself to believe this is superb hotel. Although this hotel is not very big, just about 60 rooms. But very nice touch and staff are all very friendly. Skala Restaurant has very nice view over lucerne lake and city. Buffet breakfast serve everyday in Skala. Breakfast has not much choice, but good in quality.

After 1 week I came back from lucerne. So surprise that I received postcard from them.

Finally, I rate this hotel 5* although their official rating is 4*. Much better than National Hotel below Montana.

Many thanks to Montana given me so good memory about luzern.

Lovely hotel but avoid single rooms

by TripAdvisor Member djl1960

The hotel has everything going for it. Very helpful staff, wonderful views, ideal location, good breakfast, lovely bar and dining rooms but avoid the single rooms. I am going to go back later this year and was shown the double and suite rooms which all have great design and are large with good facilities. The single room I stayed in was small and looked like an afterthought- no art deco design just a simple room albeit with a great view. I would have been willing to pay more for an upgrade had this been offered to me. Overall a highly recommended hotel apart from this one drawback.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member OttawaMel

Very nice hotel. We stayed in hotels in Paris and Rome during our trip, and this was the best. Very good breakfast, beautiful view from the restaurant patio. Excellent helpful staff, nice clean well appointed room. Only one thing I would recommend - ask for a lake facing room since the view is simply stunning from that side of the hotel.

Absolutely fabulous

Absolutely fabulous says it all. We stayed here for the first night and last couple of nights of our honeymoon.

We loved this hotel. Great location, great facilities, great food and wine. Amazing views over the lakes.

But best of all were the staff.

The made our first night of our honeymoon so special with cakes, flowers, champagne and a lovely lovely card.

A truly lovely hotel - thank you.

loved the Montana wondrful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Spevs

We stayed at the Montana in July 2007. Wonderful Hotel very art deco. The staff were very friendly, our cases got lost and the Hotel were amazing they gave us a bag of toiletries,pyjamas they couldn't do enough for us. Food was lovely and I would highly recommend it. WE will defintely return.

Comments