Wilden Mann Romantik Hotel

Romantik Hotel Wilden Mann
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• dlytle's Profile Photo

Very nice, rustic hotel in Lucerne

I stayed at the Wilden Mann Romantik Hotel because the local folks that I was working with booked this for me. I did not know anything about it until I got there except that it was close to the historic district.

Cost per night in May 2006 was about $230 US dollars per night and the American Express exchange rate was right at 1:1.18.

This is an old, rustic hotel that I fully enjoyed staying at for my weekend in Lucerne. It was within walking distance of everything. One of the footbridges that lead over to the historic district was only about 75 yards away from the hotel entrance.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. English was no problem.

My room on the third floor had a window on an alley and a window on a secondary street. So I did not have any automobile noises to disturb me. There was no air conditioning. I just left the windows open, it was May after all. There were a number of partiers that would sing and laugh until about midnight but then, inevitably, it all went quiet. In fact the most annoying thing was the church bell ringing on the hour. Not being used to that, it did wake me up a few times.

I did want to sleep in on Saturday morning but there was a nearby parade or a march or a demonstration or something that started about 8:30am and lasted a couple of hours. I tried to sleep through it all but unsuccessfully.

Anyway, I would stay here on my next trip to Lucerne and I would recommend it to others as well.

Unique Quality: Old elevator. Old paintings and photographs on the walls. Antique furniture in the lobby and on the floors.

Directions: Left out of the main train station, the river will be on your right. The riverfront walkway finally comes to a narrow section with a bistro just off to the left. Go to the left side of the bistro,walk about 100 yards and the hotel will be on the right.

Comments