Hotel Metropol

Hotel Metropol
Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 53% more and rated 12% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Sankt Gallen

skiing in heidilandskiing in heidiland

StiftskircheStiftskirche

Stiftskirche: the altarsStiftskirche: the altars

Stiftskirche: interiorStiftskirche: interior

Travel Tips for Sankt Gallen

Olma

by Martin1966

When you visit St. Gallen in begin of October,you have to go to Olma an annual agriculture festival with an amusement park(so called "Jahrmarkt").There you must eat a "Olma-Bratwurst"!Thats the worlds famousest original sausage of St. Gallen.

Lake Constance

by Dabs

As we were looking at the map we notice a VERY large lake, Lake Constance, that was sandwiched between Switzerland, Germany and Austria so I routed us so that we could at least take a peek at the lake on our way from Liechtenstein to St. Gallen. And that's pretty much all we did, we drove through Rorschach (no connection to the Rorschach inkblot test which was named after the developer, Hermann Rorschach) which is a pretty little medieval lakefront town, and then back to the highway onto St. Gallen.

If you want to visit Lake Constance, Rorschach might be a nice place to stay, looks like there is sailing, rowing, fishing, windsurfing and swimming from here as well as a nice lakefront promenade where you can walk or bike. Other Swiss towns along the lake are Horn, Arbon and Romanshorn.

Stiftskirche: interior

by Cristian_Uluru

The wonderful interior of the church has got a single nave with a centrale dome preceded and followed by spans that create the aisle and the presbytery. The presbitery is separated by elegant railing made by J.Mayer in 1771. The walls and the spans are decorated with rococo decoration of green plasters made by the brothers' J.G. and M.Giggl, and by Wessobrunn. Fantastic are the paintings in the domes made by J.Wannenmacher.

More photos on this travelogue.

The fantastic abbey of St.Gallen

by Cristian_Uluru

Welcome to the beautiful town of St.Gallen.

After years I was able to visit this town and the abbey during my back trip from Bavaria.
The Abbey of St.Gallen and its Library are the masterpieces of the town and they are part of the UNESCO World Heritage List from 1983.

The downtown is full of Baroque palaces with restaurants and shops.

A fantastic town where to spend a great day!!

Enjoy your visit!!!

Home sweet home

by ExoticGal

Dunno why I didn't feel like a tourist when I'm in St. Gallen. Maybe 'cuz I stayed in an apartment with my two hosts about my age, not a hotel or dormitory as other cities.

I took a bunch of pictures in St. Gallen old town. This is one of them... Gosh, how I miss strolling this town in cool weather...

"People"

Now I still miss the time spent at the bus station just in front of that apartment on Melonestrasse (Melon Street), and how the automatic voice on the bus says "Next stop" in Swiss German, which I don't know how to spell. And I miss the cute grafitti. :) And most of all I miss the people: my two hosts Stefan and Philipp, the students from university of St. Gallen who come from different parts of Switzerland and other countries, and the cute little babies I encountered on the streets (like this boy who kept crying until his mom gives him the ice cream cone)....

I wanna be back to St. Gallen real soon

"UNESCO heritage"

One of the major tourist attractions, UNESCO World Heritage- St. Gallen Library. The picture speaks for itself

Comments