Citystudios

Zahringerstrasse 33, Zürich, 8001, Switzerland
Citystudios
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Zürich

luckily this is good Thai restaurantluckily this is good Thai restaurant

Schaffhausen: Fortress MunotSchaffhausen: Fortress Munot

KreuzkircheKreuzkirche

rose garden by the conventrose garden by the convent

Traveling to Zurich from Lenzberg

by baseballmom

hello....I am hoping someone can help me make a decision on how to get to Zurich from Lensberg. I am new to traveling in Switzerland and have never used a rail system for travel. Is it easy??? Will I get lost? very worried and yet I don't want to spend two days wandering in Lenzberg if there is little to do there. Can someone help?

Here is the website for the Swiss Rail System. http://www.sbb.ch/en/

My wife and I traveled to Switzerland last year for the first time and had absolutely no problem whatsoever figuring out the train system. The trains leave on time and if you need to make any connections they are well marked. I believe the trip from Zurich to Lensberg is only 24 minutes by train. If you have any questions just ask one of the uniformed train personnel and they are more then willing to assist you.

by K_V_B

If it's Lenzburg you are talking about, than no worries. There is a train every half hour. See www.sbb.ch for schedules and prices.

Train travel is really easy in Switzerland. The trains operate as a country wide mass transit system. You just buy a ticket a the station you leave from and hop on the next available train. No reservations are needed, nor are there complicated procedures.

by baseballmom

Can you tell me if your wife feels she would go alone? My husband has business meetings all day Friday and I would like to do some siteseeing and browsing the shops that day.

by K_V_B

There is absolutely no reason why you couldn't go on shopping or sightseeing tours alone. Switzerland is a perfectly safe and well organised country.

2nd that!!

thank you....

by baseballmom

Hello everyone...just wanted to let you know my trip to Switzerland is over and I am home in the US...how sad for me.

I spent one day in Lenzberg touring around the town, the castle, and the old town area.
On Friday I followed advice and took the train to Zurich where I fell in love ....sigh. The sights, the sounds, the churches, and the people all were just wonderful.
Saturday we went to Muri, to Luzern, the Berner Oberland, Murren and then to Bern....what a day!!!! So much to see and so little time to do it in.
Sunday we toured Laufenberg Germany and Switzerland, Frick, then on the Bad Sackingen in Germany, then to the Roman Ruins in Switzerland.
Monday we headed home...what a trip!!!!!!

Thank you all for your kind tips. I cannot wait to return, I truly think I left my heart in Switzerland!

by riorich55

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Someday we hope to get back there as well. Many pleasant memories.

Travel Tips for Zürich

Zurich airport

by Erkmen

After the passport control, you follow the signs for baggage claim and then reach the baggage claim area..

For the first time in my life, surprisingly my baggage was the first item that has come on the band.. :)) Yuppii

After grapping the baggages, I continued downstairs for the train.. the first floor down is the place where you can get your tickets.. Ticket system is just similar than its in Holland and Germany.. You can have your ticket from the machines, just by pressing the code number of your desired destination...

If you dont have change money for the machines just behind them are the offices for ticket sales, you can use them also.. And Down that floor is the Train departures.. There are two lines, so ask your destination.. The train to main train station (Zurich Hauptbahnhof) leaves almost in every ten minutes.. Ticket cost one way 5,40 CHF

The Highest Town in Europe

by Toyin

This is the highest town in Europe. Its air is very clean, and I guess is about the cleanest town in Europe. I guess it will be a condusive place for sports men and women to train for competition.

For tourist, this is the place to be.

Money matters

by Dabs

Switzerland is not part of the EU (European Union) so it makes sense that they don't use the the Euro as their currency. The currency in Switzerland is the Swiss Franc (CHF) and while they take Euro in Switzerland, it sounds like it's at an unfavorable exchange rate and that you get your change back in CHF.

We were able to use our ATM card or Visa credit card almost everywhere we tried to use it, the only exception was at a Coop supermarket in Zug Baar which wouldn't take either and at a parking garage in Geneva that wouldn't take our Visa card.

SWIMMING

by mel_bee

It seems like the swiss have an affinity with water, and why not when you are surrounded by beautiful lakes!! If you want to swim somewhere other than Zurichhornpark there is a municpal swimming area alongside the lake on the way to the park and another near Bellevue platz.

Fluntern Cemetery: Grave of James Joyce

by HORSCHECK

The Fluntern Cemetery (Friedhof Flutern) is home to the grave of the Irish author James Joyce. He lived in Zurich from 1915 until 1919 at Universitätsstr. 38, where he also wrote parts of his famous "Ulysses" novel.

After many years in Paris he returned to Zurich where he died in 1941. On top of his grave is a statue of him sitting with crossed legs and holding a book and a cigar.

Next to his grave another famous person is buried: The Jewish writer and theorist Elias Canetti who also won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1981.

Both graves can be found in a little hedged garden which is well signposted when entering the cemetery.

Directions:
The Flutern Cemetery is situated in the Zurichberg district of Zurich, just adjacent to the Zoo. The nearest tram stop is "Zoo" which is the terminus of line 6.

Comments