Ema House The Zurich All Suite

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Zürich

off to Schiffbauoff to Schiffbau

Train Station Zurich Enge: AtriumTrain Station Zurich Enge: Atrium

Illuminated tower of the Liebfrauen ChurchIlluminated tower of the Liebfrauen Church

at the Buhn schoolat the Buhn school

Zurich overnight by train station

by emmweb

We will be arriving mid-afternoon from Milan via train. 4 teens and 2 adults. We'll be leaving the next morning by train for Paris. A few questions:
1. Is the station we'll arrive at from Milan the same one at which we'll depart for Paris?
2. Any suggestions of where our group could stay overnight - something safe for the youth, not terribly expensive, but not bottom tier either.
3. I have no idea of the geography of Zurich. Depending on where the train station is and assuming we stay close to it, are there things we should see or places we should go (or eat)?

Thanks - VTers are always great at answering my questions!

Re: Zurich overnight by train station

Hello,

Here are my answers to your questions 1.) and 3.):

1.)
Yes, there is only one main train station in Zurich, which is called Zurich Hauptbahnhof (HB). Both train to Milan and to Paris arrive and daprt there.

3.)
The main train station of Zurich is located pretty much in the very centre of the city. You can see the main sights of thr city in theory in a 1 hour walk from teh train station. Have a look at a city map to get a proper idea.

I hope this helps for a start

HORSCHECK

Travel Tips for Zürich

Zürich Tip

by OwenMeany

Well fondest and single memory from Zurich is that I was left in Zurich for two nights at the Hilton hotel when my flight to Greece was cancelled. Not much to do away from the city, the hotel was fantastic - good food as well. The first day I was to lazy to go out of the hotel, so I stayed in, tuned to MTV and I did take a luxurius and relaxing foam bath, but I wished I had someone to share it with ;) The second day I decided to take a trip to the city, not to miss the rare chance to see Zurich. I walked around a bit, mostly on Banhofstasse where I asked a really cute guy for an internet cafe and the post office. No I didn't take his number or email but, beautiful stranger, if you ever read this, or if any of you guys happen to know him, drop me a note ;) Oh, I'm so cheeky today! Did I mention I love technology? I'm now at the airport, hopefully, I'll fly tonight and I'm updating my Virtual Tourist page from the airport. I hope I won't miss my flight for this. Well it's Christmas time and there's a lot of snow and I can't help feeling happy. Got to email my friends now, everybody take care and catch you later.

Davos Tourist Office

by Toyin

As I walk towards the train station, I suddenly saw the tourist office. This is where I got lots of information about what to do and where to go. The staff were very professional and seem to know that lots of dignitaries were in town. I got everything I wanted, even before I open my mouth to ask. Nothing that you require mormally are on sale; they were given out absolutely free.

Züri Fäscht: Switzerland's biggest public Festival

by HORSCHECK

The "Züri Fäscht" is Switzerland's biggest public festival. It takes place every three years at the beginning of July around the Lake Zurich and throughout the city centre.

Besides numerous funfairs, food and drink stalls it offers breathtaking artistic shows, free concerts and many outdoor discos.

Highlights of the 3 days "Züri Fäscht" in 2007 were two 30 minutes long fireworks which were accompanied by classical and pop music.

The fireworks took place at the Lake Zurich and were watched by an estimated 2 Mio. spectators.

The next "Züri Fäscht" is scheduled for July 2010. So be prepared ...

EURO 2008 - UEFA European Football Championships

by HORSCHECK

Switzerland and Austria hosted the UEFA European Football Championships in June 2008.

Zurich was among the four Swiss cities where matches took place.

The national teams of Italy, France and Romania played in the famous Letzigrund stadium (capacity 30.000).

At that time a large UEFA Fan Zone with a big screen and a capacity of 45.000 could be found at the Bellevue Square.

Before the championships a countdown clock to the EURO 2008 was located in Zuirch's main train station and during the event giant statues of players were installed here.

uetliberg

by hanspeter_W.

The Üetliberg (also spelled Uetliberg) is a mountain in the Swiss plateau, part of the Albis chain, rising to 873 m (2864 ft). The Uetliberg offers a panoramic view of the entire city of Zürich and the Lake of Zürich. There is also a hotel in the name of "Uto Kulm" on this small mountain. The two towers on the mountain are a look-out tower (rebuilt 1990) and the Uetliberg TV-tower (132 m, rebuilt 1968). The summit is easily accessible by train from Zürich

Comments