4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Swissotel Zurich

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member desertfox76

We had a lovely experience at the Swissotel Zurich. The service was top notch and rooms were very nice. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were modern and spotless. We also had a fantastic view over the city.

The hotel's location is in Oerkilon, a 10 minute train ride to the Zurich city center (Zurich HB train station). By no means should you be discouraged by the location. The train station is directly in front of the hotel. It can't be any easier. Also, the trains are so quiet you can't hear them at all from the hotel.

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic. There were so many things to choose from including eggs cooked to your liking, meats, cheeses, fresh breads, fruit, cereal, coffee, many different kinds of tea, etc.

I highly recommend this hotel due to their impeccable service. They also have a free shuttle that picks you up at Zurich airport. It is just an unbelievably convenient hotel.

Good location

Located just outside the Oerlikon Train station, this is a good location to see the town. Rooms are okay-not very new but clean. Walls seem to be thin as I could hear the next room talking even though my TV was on. Get a day ticket (CHF7.60 valid for 24 hours) and you can hop on all trains and buses and trams to see the town

good stopover

by TripAdvisor Member provi

We stayed here for one night courtesy of our airline when we missed a connection.
The hotel is modern, front desk staff are very helpful. Our room was on a high floor overlooing the station, but we were not disturbed by any noise from the station. They have a mini bus service to and from the airport which saves you quite a bit of money!
The room was tiny but had everything that you could possibly want - it was also spotlessly clean and had comfortable beds. Hi-speed internet connection, two phone points, mini-bar and loads of glasses,desk space. The bathroom was miniscule but managed to hold a w.c, sink and full size bath. Good toiletries and a hair dryer.
We had to leave very early and they provided us with packed breakfast - two fruits, water, sandwiches and fruit juice.

Great Hotel

I stayed for 2 nights at the Swissotel, and it was absolutely great. The reception people were very friendly, as was everyone else. I got an excellent price online for a superior room; the room itself is very spacious, with many ammenities, such as a mini-bar, coffe maker, etc. , the bed is also very comfortable. The decoration is incredible and very modern, the bathrooms are great, but as others have mentioned, they only have a glass wall that separates it from the bed area, so if you are staying with someone else that you're not so close, it can be awkward. Room service was excellent and very tasty food. Now, the location: I arrived at the central train station, and there, there is a phone service to call the hotels. I did call, and they were very helpful and informed me which trains I had to take. It's a short ride to the station that the hotel is located in front of, about 5 minutes I'd say. But the location itself is not bad, with a market in front of the hotel, and the train station which will lead you to central Zurich. If you arrive at the airport, there is a free shuttle service. Overall, I loved the Swissotel and would reccomend it to everyone.

Not That Great

by TripAdvisor Member npf

My Wife and I have stayed at this Hotel in the summer of 2004. At that time The service was excellent. In a recent visit in July 2006 things have changed. We dined at the hotel Restauraunt and this turned out to be a nightmare. First I had to wait 15 min. for a Drink then when I ordered the beef (Waiters advice) I got the smallest cut of beef I had ever had price was (49 CHF) then we had to wait another 15 Min. for the bill. Not very happy. The front desk staff was very unfriendly and not very helpful. The rooms are becoming very dated and are very small. The best part of the hotel stay was the Starbucks staff was veryfriendly. Almost forgot my Wife got a Massage at the hotel and was on time then she was told she had to wait 20 min. My advice is if you like good service and want to get your Moneys worth stay some place else! Next time we will stay at the Marriott or at another local hotel. good luck.

Swissotel, couldn't have asked for any more!

by TripAdvisor Member revvin

On arrival at Zurich airport we hastily jumped on a free shuttle bus (well signposted) to the Swissotel and arrived in little over ten minutes. The hotel was well above average and checking in was made easy by the staff.

Both rooms were very clean and modern with obscured glass doors to the bathroom, another member mentioned lack of privacy but we did note one set of toilets in the main railway station had these doors too and they are so obscured I felt that it caused no problem whatsoever.

The sauna, steam room and pool on the 32nd floor are a fantastic bonus. All free to use for hotel guests but be warned there are signs up on entry to sauna and steam room stating 'naked zone' and 'no swimwear to be worn in these areas'. However nobody stopped us from trying to be at least a little modest in our bikinis!

Swissotel is situated halfway between the airport and Zurich city centre but Oerklion train station is just over the road and trains come along every 10 or so minutes. The number 11 tram also stops right outside the hotel and both these services take about 10 minutes to get into Zurich. A 24 hour pass costs CHF7.60, a bargain I'm sure you'll agree.

There are a couple of good places to eat nearby especially 'Mama Mia', a friendly Italian restaurant towards the rear of the hotel where the food coupled with atmosphere made it a great local place to eat.

All in all I would not hesitate in staying here again or reccommending it to anyone.

good enough

by TripAdvisor Member flyingdutchmannl

I also took the shuttle from the airport. Bus location is close to the taxi's, which is convienent because sometimes the bus drives just once an hour!
Check in was ok. Waiting time could be shorter, but further ok. Room was small, but nicely furnished. Great plus point is the espresso machine. I experienced the room as very quiet, even I was located near the elevators. Restaurant was good, service was ok, they sometimes forgot something. Hotelbar is good. Breakfast is good, enough choices. Area is not a nice area, there is shopping around the hotel, but all basic. Hotel is opposit the Oerlikon station, which has easy connections to downtown. Messe Halle is on walking distance.
In general: Not a bed place to stay, most probably you can get better places in Zurich, but I was satisfied.

Great family room at a remarkable price

by TripAdvisor Member jonben

We found ourselves with a night to spare and so booked in August with only a week's notice. We got a 'family room' for SF260, so reasonable for Switzerland that we had to double check the price. In fact the room turned out to be two spacious interconnecting rooms on 28th floor (great views), with the kids' room kitted out with soft toys, kids' shampoos and soaps.

Reception is pretty businesslike in every sense, but they were helpful enough.

The pool is great (on 32nd floor), and the children (11 and 7) were perfectly welcome.

With good connections to the airport and central Zurich, you get a great deal more for the minor inconvenience of being slightly out of town.

Far from city centre but well Connected

by TripAdvisor Member ramneeshpuri

We booked a business executive room for one night.
got a great deal from expedia.. £78 only.
the room was a/c. It was well lit and well furnished and had all the usuals minibar, fridge,TV etc.... but small in sze...
we were inticed by the glass shower/bathroom... sounded romantic when we booked but not very practical as the whole loo area visible from the bed!! The staff were polite and helpful.

the hotel itself is far from the city but the trams and the local trains keep u well connected. The main shopping area Brahnofstasse is 15 min by tram. The main zurich station is just 10 minutes train ride from the orlikein station (just opp. the hotel)

In conclusion... not a bad hotel if u get a good deal on price.....

Very nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Afua

Booked this hotel despite negative reviews on the hotel location. We thought the location was excellent....1 block from Oerlikon train station. We took the train from Lucerne, and it actually stopped at Oerlikon....very convenient.

The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport that runs at specified times, if you don't want to take the shuttle the train will get you there in a few minutes.

OK, the hotel is not downtown. For us that was not a problem. You can either take the streetcar (which will take you right down to the shopping district a/o the old town) or the train. Both are located right next to the hotel and run every couple of minutes.

The room was great. It was pretty spacious (by European standards) and had a really nice "walk in" closet. There was plenty of room to put your suitcase and there was a nice workdesk. Internet was expensive, but that seems to be common for Switzerland.

The hotel has a Starbucks, and is located next to a grocery store (in case you want to buy some fruits or snacks for the room).

The hotel obviously gets a lot of American and British visitors...all hotel staff we encountered speak excellent English.

Comments