Ziczac Rock

TrainRider's Profile Photo

Clean, Basic Hostel with a Great Location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2011

I stayed for 1 night in the Zig Zac Rock Hotel as part of my interailing and despite the negative reviews. I found the service to be very good. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. They were particulary great with giving the cheesey tourist advise for someone who had not researched Zurich. I arrived in late for check in 11:30pm the night before and they were completely cool with it. My room was small and basic, but I found it be very clean.. If your the type of person just interested in having a roof over your head and a good sleep. Then this is your place. The Zig Zac hotel also has a superb location.. Right middle of the old historic part of the city. So you are right next to some cool shops, restuarants and beautiful scenery.. Zurich is an expensive city anyhow. But I must say I found my stay in the Zig Zac hotel to be very enjoyable.. :)

Unique Quality: Terrific Location. Right in centre of the old historic side of Zurich. Very near to pubs and restuarants.

Directions: 5-10 walk from Zurich HBF (train station).Cross the bridge to the general old historic side of Zurich.

Turska's Profile Photo

Funny hostel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 5, 2010

We had booked an Ibis-hotel, but our booking was valid only until 19 o´clock, witch we didn´t know. So we spend allmost 2 hours searching for a hotelroom in Zürich ain friday-night. All were fully booked, and when we came to this hostel, it was 21.30. We had to pay quite a lot for a room without a toilet or a shower. But we were so tired, that we did take it. We also needed to pay for very expensive parking at parkinghall on the other side of the river.. But if we would not have took this we would had to leave the whole town.
Location was nice ( I don´t understand people on Booking.com complaining for prostitutes around the street! If there were any, we didn´t notice-women wear so "small" clothes today anyway, that it´s quite hard to say if it isn´t very obious. There was a gay-bar on the oppsoite side of the street-but what´s wrong with that-they just sat outside drinking at tables like in normal restaurants, or some went to upstaris nightclub(?) and we didn´t see in).
Street was lively, and it would have been nice to spend a night at the pubs nearby, but we were so tired, that we only ate out,and went for one beer. And Zürich is quite expensive, so that´s one reason.. After paying so much for the hotel/hostel-room

Unique Quality: Nice rock-style bar at same house. Hostel-rooms doors were singed with band names. We were jelous for the coupple next door having Led Zeppelin-room, when we ended up with boring Talking heads :D But I was happy to find a photo of Van Morrison framed in our room. Funny :D But maybe not as fun,as the price would have promised. Ibis hotel with own bathroom would have been cheaper. We would have got this hotel cheaper from Bookings before our holliday, but we didn´t take it, because it didn´t have a parking.

Directions: At the corner of Metzgergasse and Marktgasse.

Nearby Ziczac Rock

Amenities at Ziczac Rock

• Restaurant
  • Bar / Lounge

Zürich Travel Forum

Need advice about Zürich, Switzerland? Visit the Travel Forum for Zürich and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Zürich hotel reviews