Hotel Regina

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Mürren

Cableway from StechelbergCableway from Stechelberg

a little apres skia little apres ski

old hotel at Kleine Scheidigold hotel at Kleine Scheidig

looking at the North Face of the Eigerlooking at the North Face of the Eiger

Swiss Base

by superranger

Would Murren be a good place as a base if I want to visit all the major Swiss cities?

RE: RE: Swiss Base

by vtveen

Not a good base; Mürren is a mountain village, only accessible by cable car.

Much better is Interlaken (or one of the villages near by), central located with connections by train to all the major cities in Switzerland.

Travel Tips for Mürren

We continue out climb

by littlesam1

You can see the incline in the picture as we continue to climb the mountain in the rail car. Our shared our car with a family from England. The wife was scared of heights. Whatever possessed her to take this trip I will never know. She sat in the car in the middle of the seat and did not look out from side to side. Its a shame because she really missed a beautiful ride.

Starting the climb

by littlesam1

We boarded the cable car and started our climb to Birn, the first stop on the way to Schilthorn. These are the same type of cars you see in the Bond movie. So for me this was really exciting on several levels. This is the view when you first leave the housing area of the cable car.

Looking for Birg

by littlesam1

If you look at the top of the mountain in the picture you will see the small landing at Birg. This was our destination leaving Murren. There is a small building at Birg where you change cable cars. There is also s small restaurant at Birg with a deck overlooking the summit. You can see the distance and the altitude we are climbing to in the picture.

Check out that shadow

by littlesam1

Leaving Birg we continued the climb to the top of Schilthorn. This picture is really one of my favorites. If you look at the rocks you will see a dark dot. That is the shadow of our cable car below. I took this from the window and thought it would make a great VT tip. Its funny how I now think of my pictures not just for myself but also for this site.

Returning from the hike

by littlesam1

Here is that other guy in a hat, Jim, returning from one of the trails. We had a great time walking around and just enjoying the scenery. The views were beautfiul. But I had to keep reminding myself to take in the reality of what I was seeing and wipe out the James Bond thoughts.

Comments