Hotel Belmont

Oberdorfweg, Wilderswil, 3812, Switzerland

More about Wilderswil

the long and winding road to Faulhornthe long and winding road to Faulhorn

open for everybody, also for cowsopen for everybody, also for cows

flowers along the path to Firstflowers along the path to First

hiking from Schynige Plattehiking from Schynige Platte

Grocery stores in Wilderswil

by kathymof

Do you know if there is a grocery store in Wilderswil? If there is, do you have the address or street it is on and would you describe it as lots of stuff or just the basics?

by Maryimelda

Don't know about Wilderswil but there are Coop stores in both Interlaken and Wengen, either of whch you will probably pass through in the course of your daily travels if staying in Wilderswil. In both places, the Coop store is directly opposite the railway station. (Interlaken Ost). You will find all you could possibly want in these stores.

by Manara

There's a Migros supermarket in Wilderswil, it is near the railway station.
The address is Migros, Hauptstrasse, 3812 Wilderswil. Tel. 058 567 21 80.
The opening time is 08:00-18:30, but it closes at 17.00 on Wednesdays and Saturdays. On Sundays it is closed.

by kathymof

Thanks - that helps a lot. I am looking into a vacation rental and just wanted to make sure there was a grocery store within walking distance as I am hoping to use public transportation.

by Manara

I will spend three weeks in Interlaken this summer, self-catering as well. It will be the third time. You can see I like that area of the Alps!

by kathymof

This will be my third time in the area too so I guess we both love it. Do you rent a car or do you use public transportation?

by Manara

We shall go there by car from Italy. From my hometown to Interlaken it is a trip of 266 miles. But when we are there we shall use the trains most of the time.

by globetrott

Wilderswil is quite a popular village for tourists renting private appartments, so it is easy to make your purchases, some of the local bakeries have also a small supermarket with it. The migros of Wilderswil is much smaller than the one in interlaken (West-Bahnhof) and it also does not have a Migros-restaurant.
Wilderswil is also perfect to explore the Jungfrau-region

by riorich55

Kathy, You are planning on taking me with you, right?

by kathymof

Why not Rich - we all love the area!!! I loved Lauterbrunnen but think I want to stay in a different location this time. This will be my third trip to the area. I think I will stay two weeks this time and maybe rent two different places. I am trying to be near trains so that I won't have to rent a car. I prefer public transport and do remember some of those roads being quite narrow.

by kathymof

Thanks - I plan on getting the Swiss Card. I have used it in the past and was happy with how it worked. The distances I will be covering are just too small to make the more expensive passes cost effective.

Comments