Chernivtsi Hotels

Our Members Say

• benimo profile photo benimo
  • Reviews: 1

TIU Chernivtsi Backpackers: The best time of all my travels in Ukraine

I stayed at the TIU hostels in Odessa and Kiev so this was my only choice for this city. fantastic location,fluent English speaking staff and great fun

The day trips out to Kolomia, Kosiv and vijnittsa and then the bbq trip with Lyuba the owner to the fortress at khotin and the caves monistary at Bakota

• Related to: Backpacking, Castles and Palaces, Budget Travel
  • Written September 19, 2011
Tip Photo

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bukovina: Near the bus station to break a journey

Usefully in Chernivitsi there is a big hotel close to the bus station. Walk out of the bus station and turn right on the main road and walk for approx 100 metres to the trolley bus stop. Take trolley bus number 3. Get off 2 stops later and then walk for approx another metres in the same direction as you have been traveling. The hotel is a big building on the right hand side and is called Bukovina. Single room including taxes cost me 270 Ukr grevny. Free wi fi is included. The hotel seemed perfectly adequate including free web access.

Breakfast wasn't up to much. Water in the shower was hot.

When I woke up in the morning I opened the curtains and the curtain rail became unattached from its fitting into the wall and collapsed on the floor. I told the receptionist this at check out and there was no issue, she didn't trying to sting me for damaging the room.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 11, 2011

• HORSCHECK profile photo HORSCHECK
  • Reviews: 2605

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Kiev

We arrived in Chernivtsi without having booked any accomodation in advance, but we had a few ideas of hotels where to stop.

From the bus station we went more or less directly to the Hotel Kiev, which had rooms available. We booked an en-suite twin room for three days. The rate was 120 UAH (ca. 17 Euro, 2008) per person per night. Breakfast was not included and I am not sure if they served breakfast at all when we were there.

Our room looked like it was just recently renovated. It was basic but clean and just perfect for our needs. It even included a hairdryer and a TV.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking, Trains
  • Written February 21, 2009

Hotel Kiev

• Marywhotravels profile photo Marywhotravels
  • Reviews: 57

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Magnat: Brand new, friendly little place

My sister and I stayed here while attending a friend's wedding, and we were very pleased with Hotel Magnat. It's a very new hotel, so all of the furnishings are clean and modern. The room was fairly small and sparsely decorated, but the hotel does also have apartments and suites if you want something fancier. We went with the cheapest double room, which was a very fair $40 a night for two people. We had our own bathroom with a shower, one double bed, and a TV with cable. You can also request breakfast to be brought to your room for a small fee, although it's nothing very exciting (bread with ham and cheese, yogurt, and coffee). The hotel is set away from the main road, so it's very quiet, but still very close to the center of town, so most attractions are within an easy walking distance. The staff was always very friendly and helpful, and I would absolutey stay here again next time I come to Chernivtsi.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Historical Travel, Work Abroad
  • Written April 3, 2008

The front of Hotel Magnat

• om_212 profile photo om_212
  • Reviews: 355

Magnat: Mini Hotel

a private hotel located not far from the railway station. it is simple (IKEA-style), but clean and conveniently located in close proximity of the city center and the University. as all small hotels of that level, they allow smoking in the rooms, so while booking make sure to ask they air the room properly. the hotel rate doesn't include breakfast, for additional 18 Hr you can order a sandwich, but we chose to go to a nearby cafe (Pizza Park) where for the same money we had a great breakfast, consisting of omelet, freshly baked rolls and coffee/tea.

another tip, the hotel tends to raise prices for holidays, so if you are on strict budget, it's better to clarify the offered price in advance.

there is also sauna in the hotel (65 Hr per hour), but we have not tried it.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written February 29, 2008
Tip Photo

• lauraEA profile photo lauraEA
  • Reviews: 6

Hotel Bukovina: Hotel Bukovina, 141 Holovna Str

We've stayed at this hotel 2 nights and we've taken a semi-luxury room, not knowing that in fact it was a room for one with a laaarge double bed. We payed like 40$/night.
The good thing that there was central heating and warm water in the morning and evening.
The bad thing was that it was a strange smell coming from the plumbing when the water was turned on.
The breakfast cost 35 hrivni (about 7$), one coffee was 5 hrivni (about 1$). You don't get free coffee at breakfast. :(

The hotel is near the park, so in the summer there has to be a great view.
Is not far from the historical center of the town ( 2bus stations away). You can take bus nr3. :) or 5 :) (ticket price=0.5 hrivni)

I think that for 2-nights staying you can go to this hotel too.

For any other details, please ask... the info is fresh! :)

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written January 8, 2007

• JKarunesh profile photo JKarunesh
  • Reviews: 1

Tasteukraine: Beautiful Self Contained Central Apartment

Forget about dirty rooms, no hot running water and miserable staff. Go straight to Tasteukraine at www.tasteukraine.com or telephone Lily on +380503742611

This self contained 2 bedroom Apartment has everything - door security camera, fully fitted kitchen with washing machine and microwave, bathroom and separate WC and a lounge with wide screen sattelite TV, VCR, DVD and CD.

The Englich spaeking staff will meet you you at the local train station or airport, provide you with a map for your stay and give you all the information you will need about placesto visit, activities, popular restaurants and night life.

• Written July 16, 2005

Lounge

• Edwin-Z profile photo Edwin-Z
  • Reviews: 2

www.tasteukraine.com: Perfect apartment

if you want to use Chernivtsi as a starting point fonr an adventurous stay in Ukraine or to work on new business. This apartment is the place to stay.

This high quality aparment is realy value for money USD 45 a night, with european standards and internet.

But most convenient is the Englisch speaking support I got from Lily, the owner of the apartment. As professional interpreter and guide she supported me during my stay in Chernivtsi. From ordering a cab to advising me on restaurants and places to go.

You can book this apartment on: lily@cv.ukrtel.net

The apartment consist of a 30 sq meters living room, a 30 sq meters bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, toilet, all of the highest possible standards. And the ap[artment is situated in the city center, on walking distance of the best restaurants and clubs.

• Written April 10, 2005

• Opticsace profile photo Opticsace
  • Reviews: 2

Hotel Chermosh: A functional hotel

This is a large "Soviet Health Center" style hotel. It is clean and the staff is friendly. There is unlimited hot water.

The restaurants are, at best, OK.

There is a large Disco, so if dancing with 18-22 year old Ukranian girls appeals to you, this might be a perfect spot. As with most current Eastern European Discos, girls seem to outnumber boys by about 3:2.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written January 15, 2005

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel"Smotryc"(Kam´janets - Podilsky): The other one

Another Soviet style hotel block.

The reception staff is helpful and friendly but do not speak any English. The rooms are on the 9th floor where a roommanager is working.

The rooms are small and simple, like the bathroom, but clean.

• Written July 30, 2003

Hotel"Smotryc" (Kam��janets-Podilsky)

Hotel "Ukraina" (Kam´janets - Podilsky): One out of two

Typical Soviet Union hotel: A bit run down but good enough to stay there overnight.

The hotel offers different typs of rooms: The ones with privat a bathroom also have a TV and most of the time hot water.

The staff is friendly but speaks nearly not English. In the attached outdooor bar one friendly waitress speaks German!

• Related to: Castles and Palaces
  • Written July 30, 2003

Hotel "Ukraina"

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Kyiv: In the heart of the city

Its certainly not the best place but its right in the heart of the city only a few meters from the pedestrian zone and pl. Soborna away.

Rooms have TV (didn’t work) and a private bath room with only cold water and if you are lucky the toilette flush will work. If not the quite friendly, not English nor German speaking staff will give you a bucket.

• Written July 29, 2003

Hotel "Kyiv"

• slave_trader profile photo slave_trader
  • Reviews: 3

I recommend that you let me...

I recommend that you let me find you an apartment. I can not guarantee that the water will be on all the time. You will have to live out of your suitcase because these apartments don't have clothes closets. The shower will provide only a trickle of water, but hey, were trying to conserve our resources. The phone works, as long as you speak fluent Russian. I will have you room cleaned only once a week. This way you won't be bothered. You will have to make your own bed, because I won't do that; it's woman's work. Just give me lots of money and I'll give you a place you'll never forget. :-)
$100

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written August 26, 2002

• haimico profile photo haimico
  • Reviews: 36

The Cheremosh hotel is a good...

The Cheremosh hotel is a good place to be in Chernivtsi.
The hotel may have a kind of old look, but it is very clean.
Rooms are fine, and equpied with TV, refrigerator and very clean toilet+bath room. Also huge windows to see the city.
I think they take about 50$ if you order directly from them.

• Opinion of Price:
  • Written August 25, 2002

• lotharlerch profile photo lotharlerch
  • Reviews: 907

Hotel Bukovina: Economic option close to the centre

All services, facilities etc. are fully worth the money you pay for the stay. Other than 4 years ago they have now a nice buffet breakfast either included in the room rate or for an extra 35 UAH (7 USD) depending of the room category. It seems that almost all rooms are renovated.

Good price-quality ratio, water all day long which is something special in many Ukrainian cities.

The minibar contains the usual drinks etc. but even a selection of condoms which are mentioned in a separate price list as well. It is not unwise to do so since HIV infections are spreading out in Ukraine much faster than in most other European countries. But I still dont know why they keep the condoms cooled close to the freezing point here. I shall store a few condoms in my refrigerator back home and find out how that feels then...

• Related to: Historical Travel, Architecture