Kharkiv Hotels

Our Members Say

• toonsarah profile photo toonsarah
  • Reviews: 3692

Kharkiv Palace Hotel: We didn't stay here, but ...

No, we didn’t stay here! And I almost never post tips about a hotel in which I have not stayed. But this is too impressive a building not to mention, and we did at least pay it a brief visit, as one of our friends needed to meet up with a Newcastle United employee who had his ticket for the match to hand over.

You see, this is where the Newcastle team stayed when in Kharkiv, and is almost certainly the most luxurious place to stay in the city. The hotel has everything you would expect from a five star hotel, including roof-top bar, several restaurants, pool, fitness centre and a spa. If you fancy a touch of luxury but are usually unable to justify the expense, a visit to Kharkiv might be the time to splash out. A double room here will cost only a little over £100 a night, a deluxe room £200 and a suite about £250. Something to consider, maybe???

You can even book a personal butler for your stay, and as prices here are so reasonable, that will cost you “just” £32 ($49) a day – a bargain, no? Your butler will, among other things, be responsible for:
• Unpacking and packing luggage;
• Caring for your wardrobe;
• Morning service: morning call, breakfast service, approval of plans for the day;
• Personal waiter service in restaurants and bars;
• Keeping up your room according to your personal preferences;
• Organization of reception of visitors in your room;
• Procurement of cigars, alcohol, tea;
• Turndown service;
• Personal escort during activities of your choice;
Yes really – a “personal escort”!

Next tip: somewhere more affordable, the inevitable Irish bar – Patrick’s

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written March 5, 2013
Tip Photo

Kharkiv Palace Hotel atrium

• socheid profile photo socheid
  • Reviews: 279

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kizhi Hotel: Could easily be better

One of the attractions of this place for me is that it is close to a metro station. Thus arriving at Kharkiv Train station, I was confident I could get here easily without having to engage the no doubt local rip off fraternity that is Ukranian taxi drivers. Sure enough from the train station I had to change metro lines once and I was at the target metro station (Arkitektura Bekerova).

Entrance to the hotel isn't directly from the street but from a yard that is behind the street. The hotel is not disabled friendly as even to get to the front door requires going up a flight of stairs and then another flight of stairs to get to reception.

There was a guy working called Roma (like the city in Italy as he put it) who seemed friendly and keen to help. I asked what time breakfast would be and he said that since I was the only guest staying that night, I could come down any time I wanted the next morning to which I suggested around 10 am. When I showed up at the afore mentioned time he told that since I was the only guest, there would be no breakfast service that morning (breakfast was not included in the rate for the room).

The other bizarre issue I have encountered is that I was woken early in the morning by workmen outside my room window doing some rendering work on the outside walls. It seemed bizarre that as the only guest in the hotel that night I am given the room right beside where the maintenance work taking place. I asked for a room change and that was promptly granted. This room is much better all together as the previous room was nearer reception and there was noise from that also. There appears to be 6 rooms available to guests, all on the 3rd floor. I suggest that if possible avoid room 31 and try to get one of the higher numbered rooms as these are further away from reception and quieter.

Something I found a little strange was that around 8.30 pm I asked the receptionist if I could use an iron. I was told that the iron was only available to guests when the maid was there and that since she had long since gone, I would have to wait until the next morning.

The rooms themselves aren't too bad without being anything brilliant. Wifi is free and works with no issues. The Tv is Ukranian / Russian only so if that is an issue for you, look elsewhere. The air con works well and the water in the shower is red hot. I suspect this venture is reasonable new but already there are some marks that the place is not entirely spotless.

450 UAH for a standard double room. It was my oversight that breakfast wasn't included in the 450 and breakfast is 50 UAH extra when it is available.

Marshala Bazhanova is just off Pushkinskaya near the metro station called Architektura Bekegova. Access to the yard where there stairs are that lead to reception can also be obtained from Pushkinskaya as well as from Marshala Bazhanova as the hotel is located behind the apex of these 2 streets.

This place would have been OK without being anything brilliant but for the pantomime with the breakfast (a first for me) and also with the workmen (sadly not a first for me). I would have liked to have given more positive comment from when I spoke with Roma last night as he seemed such a helpful bloke. That though has since been surpassed.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 11, 2011

• dima240 profile photo dima240
  • Reviews: 1

I stayed at the private...

I stayed at the private apartment in the very center of Kharkov near the Organ Hall! very close to the Metro, on the ground floor of the building there was a food store. Within 5 minutes walking distance - I found around 10 nice restaurants
40-50 dollars depending on how many days!

cheap price, aircondition, satellite TV, huge bath tub etc

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average