Attache Hotel

Booking.com Travelocity AMOMA.com

More about Kiev

Inside St Volodmyrs cathedral3Inside St Volodmyrs cathedral3

Ukrainian airUkrainian air

Small shops and colonials in KievSmall shops and colonials in Kiev

In the streets of KievIn the streets of Kiev

getting out of Borispil

by patopato44

Hi, again!
One more question, please,how long does it take a foreign tourist to pass through all controls and pick up one's luggage after the plane has landed? I would like to know this so that I can figure out what time I should book a taxi. This will be by the 20th of June. Thank you!
Masha

by IngaA

Depends on how many flights landed at the same time. Though I'm not a foreigner, 3 days ago it took me about 20 minutes

by Terje1966

It took me no time at all to get the luggage and go out to face the taxi drivers in Kiev. You do not have to book Taxi in advance if not the point is to get a good
fixed price.They wil be there waiting for you.

What took a long time was the passport control for the people outside eu when departing from sandefjord Torp and when we came back. We all stood in the same line.

Kiev is really nice.

by Pikine

It can take from 20 minutes to 1,5 hours - sometimes delays happen. Once you're out, it will take not more than 20-30 minutes for your taxi to arrive, so you don't need to guess the time in advance.

Sandefjord Torp is terrible man...

by patopato44

Thank you all!
Well, the idea is, of course, to get a good fixed price. I'm not European. I will be arriving from Argentina and I will have a visa to look at. I know Kiev is nice, that is why I am going there to be able to see everything by myself. I discover something new every day, like Vozdvizhenska street which I saw today for the first time. All those incredible buildings. Were they restored not long ago? I use Panoramio pictures a lot on Google Earth, do you?
Thanks again!
Masha

by Razzal

I was recently in Kiev, when I landed, at 1315 , from there went to the que passport control.. There were only 2 lines open for tourist... I was able to pick up my laggage.. and walk out the door.. time was 3pm . they opened up a 3rd que passport control.. at 1430pm... what more can I say.. Ukraine.

A.

by Pikine

Well, Borispol is not the worst place in the world. For comparison, try flying out of the above mentioned Sandefjord Torp. You'll see the difference.

I thought I just got unlucky, but as the post above suggests, this is the usual situation at that airport. And that's Norway, not Ukraine. What can I say.

by go2anna

Guys, you may find this helpful. Here is some simple tips when you travel to Kiev
Kyiv Travel Guide Ebook www.kiev-guide.info

Travel Tips for Kiev

Old streets of Kiev

by crewsada

This is the oldest street in Kiev and is remarkably wyndy and still has all the old cobbles on the road way. It is usually has many market stalls on the left-hand side selling everything frmo traditional sweets to paintings or Russian dolls. Takes a good ten minutes to walk down and is a must to be vistited if there is some time to spend in the capital.

WEATHER

by hydronetta

You can not be sure about weather conditions at this part of Europe, even though it was summertime. My first two days were cloudy and drizzly, but then the next days were blessed by a bright sun and heat. So check out the forecast before your departure in order to pack up proper clothing. If you visit the city in winter months I bet it can be bitterly cold.

Volodymyr's Hill (mountain)

by OlenaKyiv

Volodymyr’s hill (mountain). On the summer you can find nice cool air in the park of Volodymyr’s Hill and to see beautiful views on the Dnipro. There is nice old gazeebo where you can sit and relax. it is very quiet place On June graduates from high schools come to meet dawn there.

Khreschatyk for people only !

by Klod5

It is new, for me !
I have'nt see this on my other travels in Kiyv, on the past, but Yulia ( Giulia_ua on VT ) write me : " By the way, you can walk on Khreschatik on weekends and holidays for last 4 years. "

In Kiev, in april 2003, one taxi driver explain me : " Since the beginning of the year, every Sunday, Khreschatyk is delivered to the only pedestrians. "

It is spectacular to see the inhabitants of Kyiv thus invading the pavement, in family. I finally discovered some rollers, and many artists of streets. I can only greet with enthusiasm this initiative, and I hope that the spaces reserved to the only pedestrians are going to appear in this immense city.

Concerning passports and ID cards

by Bobek

Is it necessary to always bear your identity papers with you? For some simple reasons better use photocopies for any eventuality.

Find more details in the 'warnings or danger tips' category under the same headline.

Comments