Best Eastern Khreschatik Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• adethesteam's Profile Photo

A good central Hotel

When I looked at some of the other comments written about this Hotel I wondered if the writers were in the same Hotel as me !! I stayed here for 5 nights at the end of January, the room was clean, modern and I loved the bathroom and safety deposit box. In my room there was a latch to secure the door and slippers ,mini bar, tv etc were in there also. I had no problems with the Hotel staff, they were efficient, friendly,( at least towards me , lol) and gave me a good room at the back of the Hotel, there was only one drawback to this room in that outside there was a small building which housed some kind of machinery which was almost constantly in operation ! My room was 225 by the way, I think if I had of had a room in the low 200`s it would have been far away from this noise. The breakfast was ok, a bit of variety but not up to an excellent standard BUT In the morning I had a big breakfast which lasted me most of the day, no complaints there ! Also by the breakfast room was an area which hosted poker, there were many tables and people playing, no, I did not play as I do not trust myself enough to gamble on this game ! I liked the Hotel because it was on the main street, it was convenient and it had all the things I wanted. On the TV there were stations in Russian, Ukrainian, English, Spanish and Turkish.

Unique Quality: My room was excellent, no complaints,(apart from the noise coming from the outside building) it was cleaned regularly and the bathroom had all kinds of shampoos etc and very hot water for a bath, excellent !

Directions: The Hotel is almost opposite the Dnipro Hotel near Khreschatyk metro station. Next door is the Buddha bar but I went instead to a small bar /restaurant about 4 doors down on the left.

• Great Experience

I stayed at this hotel several times on business. This is a nice, clean hotel with friendly service and excellent location. Bar with plenty of seats, nice and quiet in the evenings. Barman very good, never kept us waiting even once.
    Very good choice to stay in Kiev.

• Thief's Haven in Kiev

A really exciting week's stay at this hotel to reach its climax with my room being broken into during my last night and having all of my computer and photographic equipment stolen - the thief had a key to the room but had to force the door chain. Obviously an 'inside job' and with no immediate way the thief could have got the stolen booty out of the hotel immediately because the fire escapes were sealed and the main entrance had the usual security guards on duty.

That's okay because I was assured by the Hotel staff that if I wrote to the hotel management when I get back to the United Kingdom then my claim would be conmsidered sympathetically.

But what a false promise this has turned out to be, with the hotel management simply ignoring all correspondence from me hoping, or so it seems, that me and my claim would go away.

Unique Quality: So, overseas visitors to the Khreschatik Hotel in Central Kiev beware for even if you lock and chain your room your valuables are at risk and, moreover, the hotel managment will simply ignore any claims that you make against it.

Kiev, nice city but what a pity about the thieves and the managment of the Khreschatik Hotel.

Directions: Go and stay there at your own peril.

• trono's Profile Photo

Three starr hotel at the central street

I have stayed at Khreschatyk during Eurovision. Nice service, cosy and neat hotel.

Unique Quality: You can have breakfast early in the morning at the restaurant Stradivary close to the hotel, it's included in the room price. Breakfast is 7-11 a.m.
    Rooms are quite good, without any sign of luxury though.

• micro90's Profile Photo

Hotel in the very center of town

We stayed there 3 nights, the receptionist was an ex teacher and very friendly, she certainly had us organised with our paperwork and payment. The rooms were fine if old fashioned.

The hotel is centrally located you just walk out the door, good value pizza place in front of hotel good for meeting people.

Unique Quality: I can remember the following : a lack of toilet paper, BBC World on the TV, Air Con. Vintage but clean bedding. Oh yes THEY DONT TAKE CREDIT CARDS , just Dollars.

There is a travel exchange in the front reception area, its got a tiny window you have to bend down to talk to the attendant, be prepaired to get back ache as it take some time to extract cash from a credit card. lots of paper work.

Directions: 500 yards along the road from Maidan Nesaleznosti(independence square) heading towards the river , if you find the pizza place your there.

More about Best Eastern Khreschatik Hotel

A Weekend in Kyiv

by micro90

Kiev was not a natural choice for my stag party, but was one of the best weekends of my life and of the 7 other chaps that came along. To be honest my inspiration was drawn from Michael Palins travels, but with a little more nightlife.

"Transport"

I found a guide on the Internet, but he did not turn up at the airport with our transport, so we talked to some locals and caught the bus into town, much cheaper. The bus stops at the train station so all transfer to the underground to get into the centre. Having not read lonely planet at this point, we all preceded to buy a single underground tickets with what must have been 50 pound notes.

Get the underground everywhere, some trains have wallpaper in side them. Make sure you get a English and Russian map, as it seemed only the young speak English, and mobile phones work on the stations even the ones near the earths core.

Taxis try to rip you off, but telling them how much in advance helped. They also drive like World class Nutters. They had a race in 2 old Lada's past Maidan Nesaleznosti(independence square), hard core techno on full volumn, running lights at 50-70mph across cobble stones, the thing slid sideways at one point. I thought I was going to die.

"Khreschatik Hotel, Nightlight and Food"

The hotel Khreschatik on Food is cheap, we had a 3 course meal for next to nothing 10GBP in some back street place, and I would recommend the Miami Bar for a lovely breakfast after a hard night in the town you can sit outside and sun yourself.Khreschatik Street was clean old fashioned, about 90USD. A large woman who spoke English and an ex-teacher had us well under control , well at least when it came to paying the bills and moving rooms. The hotel had permanent security on the door, actually this is there to see who you are bringing back so I?m told. http://hotelsukraine.com/details.phtml?&hotelid=e57a5b1f956b5c8451e054bb7b303964&refid=10080

The few clubs are excellent and priced the same as any decent club back in the UK. Weekend on the town. Bar 111 had to score high, it was like gate crashing a modelling agency party Wow, every girl wanted to talk to you. Its got a rotating bar with stoles to sit on, one minute your mates are behind you the next they?re over the other side of the room. Also don?t miss the chill out room behind the dance floor its behind a concealed doorway. Moda was like some space ship from the future of clubbing, it?s in the basement of this huge steel floating brand new Chinese restaurant on the river. I?m told it can be pretentious, but hey. We did not meet any local blokes they just didnt seem to be around, but we did see a few flash types driving a convertable merc. If you go in the summer make sure you watch the sun rise over the river on the decking out the back. All in all we were getting 4 hours sleep a night living of adrenalin, coffee and cheap pizza.

Finally
Sorry if the theme of my pages offend anybody, please remember this was a lads weekend away. and I have to say I would love to return with wife half to explore and travel in what seemed a great country.

Comments