Best Eastern Ukraina Hotel

Great Value!

Costs Less than similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings
lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Not the best but not the worst either

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 22, 2011

After reading reviews on the hotel, I crossed my fingers and hoped I'd get one of the renovated rooms. I reserved a junior suite heeding recommendations of reviewers not only for the bigger bed, but for more space. It wasn't really a junior suite as we know it in the US. I was on the 7th floor overlooking the side, which didn't bother me at all. The floor chief chamber maid who handed me the room key wasn't happy when I handed her the key on my way out, so the succeeding times, I took the key with me. Fortunately, it wasn't that bulky.

Check in was slow. I noticed they were still handwriting receipts and stuff. I had to wait for the English-speaking clerk. I had prepaid so that helped speed up the process some.

The bathtub was surprisingly high. Water pressure was good enough, plenty of hot water. Complimentary toiletries comprised of one little bar of soap, shampoo/conditioner in one and a shower cap. I didn't use any, but the soap to wash my hands with. The towels were small, not threadbare, but far from being plush. There was no hair dryer, which was important to me. There was one flat sheet that was haphazardly laid out on the bed under the bed cover. There were extra duvet in the cabinet, pillows were high, bed wasn't the best, but I didn't wake up with a back pain. Noise was tolerable. AC worked when I needed it. Breakfast could be improved, coffee didn't taste like coffee so I settled with tea. No fruits, but they had vegetable omelet, hardboiled eggs, pancakes (Ukrainian style), cold cuts and cheese that were thinly sliced, quartered and laid out sparingly on serving trays, fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, cereal and yogurt. Nothing that makes one look forward to breakfast.

WiFi was touch and go (30 Grivna an hour). I couldn't connect until someone came to help me and I think he used a different username and password (from what I was given).

And I did get the phone call on my first night, but the caller hung up when a female voice answered. To explain: Some reviewers had mentioned that someone calls solo guests every night, especially those on business trips, with offer of girls.

Unique Quality: Centrally located.

Directions: Right behind the Independence Plaza.

traveloturc's Profile Photo

In maidan

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 17, 2006

This hotel is situated really in the heart of the city .Kreschatig,Maidan,Metro ,shops restaurants and bars are in a range of 2 minutes walk.Hotel is an old Russian type
accomodation hotel .I suggest you to ask at least for a room with the view of Maidan

Directions: Maidan

broome's Profile Photo

Soviet look

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 22, 2005

There are western style rooms which are extremely nice. Great view. Check in is very slow - hope one day that gets better. Restaurant is not really recommended. You find a better deal in town. All in all. Good value for the money. And you are in the middle of town.

Unique Quality: Location

Dialing's Profile Photo

Very central hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 25, 2004

Very central location and multi-storeyed building with appr. 380 rooms. Worth emphasizing good level of services and comfort in general, and in particularly.

Unique Quality: Hotel rooms are equipped with satellite TV and phone ; good meals at the restaurant and cafes, shops, etc - no surprises :)

What is unique is the business-center and conference hall - if interested :)

Definitely - nice staying, excellent panoramic views, and positive impressions of Ukraine and Kiev.

Directions: Very noticeable from Maidan Nezhalezhnosti (Independence Square)

Nearby Best Eastern Ukraina Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kiev Travel Forum

Need advice about Kiev, Ukraine? Visit the Travel Forum for Kiev and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kiev hotel reviews